OOS Haters

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by FireMedic28, Oct 16, 2016.

1. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

Yep. Any time you want to try some of us poor hunters you just make an invitation. Until then why don't you add some substance to the pot instead of just stirring it!

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I'm not sure but are you saying you're an internet tough guy? :p

3. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Here's the funny part. A lot of the people I talk to that want out-of-state hunters to "pay more licenses fees" are the same guys who licenses their vehicles and boats in Tennessee to avoid paying the book value. It's OK for others to pay for licenses but not them! LOL!!!

4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Should have planned ahead, if you been hunting that place that many years IMO.

5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

That would suck but that says a lot about the landowner as well.

6. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I don't think there are enough non resident hunters to say they have improved our herd , or damaged it in any way. The credit or blame lies with residents to me. I guess I'm mainly a glass half full guy on our deer herd, I just don't see many problems with our herd in the zone 1 counties I hunt , there are less deer than we had in the late 90's but far more bucks IMO. I wouldn't say non resident hunters are more picky than residents, why would they be ? I know plenty of residents who spend as much or more than non residents, they lease big farms, feed lots of corn, drive 100 miles a day back and forth etc... over the entire year. I've shot 2 bucks in the last 8 years and the money I spent never crossed my mind, I either see one I want to kill or I don't. I imagine a non resident Hunter is no different , and remember they are a resident Hunter somewhere :) Probably most people who " hate" OOS hunters would love to go hunt with the Kisky's given the chance !

7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

You can't make some people happy. It's just part of life.

8. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

Not an Internet tough guy but I'll put my skills as a hunter up against anyone. BTW, what's that 120+ mean? I guarantee it's not your IQ.

9. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Yes and frankly some KY hunters need to realize we can never be Iowa either. Despite all the sky is falling this board generates KY cranks out bigger deer every year, seems to me things are going pretty good for the most part.

10. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Weren't they the ones who won the big buck contest at the Paris Uncle Lee's almost yearly ?

11. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

If I have to explain it to you, then that's way above yours.

12. Roaster

Roaster Spike

Jul 28, 2013
    I'm an OOS hunter. I grew up in KY and currently own land in KY. This is a rundown of this past weekend: arrived in south central KY @ noon on Friday- departed @ noon on Sunday. Shot a doe Friday night-passed on does and a buck the remainder of my trip. Spent locally 80.00 on fuel and 242.33 on food. It's not a lot, but 322.33 helps some. Biggest enjoyment I get is visiting with family and friends. As a side note: I don't hunt my own property-as it gets trespassed and poached too severely-but I do get to pay property taxes so others can enjoy it. See you in November...save me a Ski

13. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    I guess Im old school and things have sure changed in deer hunting from
    the early 70s till now.There are a lot more people now and the same amount of land.
    Deer hunting has became a money maker instead of just deer hunting.
    The TV shows,all types of deer hunting related products,leases, outfitters,who has
    the most and the biggest and the best.
    It will turn family ,lifelong friends,neighbors, to name a few against each other just to deer hunt.
    Some get in it just for the money.Its unexplainable what deer hunting has become.
    Here in the last few years it just doesnt seem hardly worth it to me.......

Nock likes this.
  14. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Why don't you lease it out to OOS? They will pay you bunches and use it to pay your taxes.

15. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I've been out since the 70's also and everything you said is true, I think it's a reflection of society as whole also.