One Second After

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by trust me, Aug 22, 2014.

1. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
    Quite honestly though, the EMP stuff doesn't worry me. I have no doubts it is possible. What is more PROBABLE though, is an even bigger financial crash that what we saw before. That's why Argentina interests me.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101950613

2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I loved Harry in the 80's growing up. Grandpa hated him with a passion. He was a huge Jack Brickhouse fan, and I guess when Harry stepped in after having called Cards and White Sox games, he just couldn't bring himself to like the guy. Complained about him always being drunk when he came back for the 7th inning off the radio. Of course, he did it sipping on his 2nd glass of bourbon.

Game 5 of the '84 NLCS is the only time I ever saw grandpa shed a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Im betting on an EMP before you Cub fans get your wish

4. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    That's a good bet there Wademup.

5. tyshe17

tyshe17 12 pointer

May 4, 2007
  6. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

I just finished this book and all I can say is WOW! I found it online as a PDF and read it in a few days. The scenario of the attack is so easily doable that it will get you to thinking real quick. Knowing that there is missing Nuclear material from when Russia broke apart and the fact that there are some extremely well funded Terrorist groups out there that would do anything to bring America down, I could see it becoming a reality. Korea needs some money and hates us, would they sell some Nukes?It is an easy,quick read and I highly recommend it.

7. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
    To be honest I'm not sure I ever finished it. Same as Chris Kyle's book, he didn't exactly know how to wrap things up. All the good stuff was in the beginning and I lost interest towards the end.

If you like this kind of stuff, read "The Road", then watch the movie adaptation. I think it is a much better character study in terms of literature content.

8. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

I should be finished with it tonight, very interesting book that makes you think.

9. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

I have seen "The Road" and thought it was very realistic but never have read it. I usually only get to read during the Winter months but all this rain we have had lately gave me a chance to read "One second after". I already have 4-5 books lined up for this winter sitting by my chair.

10. Poorboy

Poorboy 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2005
    under the bank
    The Road push me over the edge to stock pile 38 shells.

11. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    You might need more than 38 shells to get through such an event, at least get a whole box.:eagerness:

12. randy grider

randy grider 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Burgin, KY
    That is if the current and following administrations allow us to possess firearms, not to mention the ammo shortages, that we have already had. Keep dissagreeing about terrible things happening, thats what a lot of folks in Europe , and Asia did in the 1930's, how did that turn out ? 80 million people died.

13. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Who is disagreeing, we will never know how something will play out. I am not to worried about whether or not unckle sucker will let me keep my firearms, even those in a ultra liberal state as Connecticut stood firm on the AR regestration even though they would be labled felons.......that did not go very well for the state so far, and I would expect the same across the country. Personaly, I will not ever worry about ammo shortages again, I have enough for any Zombie fest and a small war. Those 535 clowns on the hill scare me more than a rag head in a pickup truck on the other end of the globe, they have caused more terrible things to happen to this country than anyone.

14. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I couldn't hit a zombie with a handgun round unless he was already in arm's reach. Personally, I'm stocking up on shotgun shells.