One pin system

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Snareman2, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    Guys,
    I'm thinking about trying to set up this new used Matthew bow with a one pin system. Does anybody use a HHA with the dial (20 to 60 yards) or the Trijicon with dial (20 to 80 yards)? The HHA is about half the price. Thanks in advance with any help or guidance.

2. ksp771

ksp771 10 pointer

I tried the single pin sights. I like HHA but the price is high. I do like trophy ridge Pursuit but since then have switched over to the 5 pin Extreme Archery sight Raptor. I found that it was too time consuming for me to see the Deer then grab my pin to move it where I needed it to be. If you like that type of single pin look, take a look at the vertical pin design. I know Trophy Ridge and Vital Gear make very good ones right now.

3. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    Thanks KSP771, I thought about the problem of trying to dial it in on a moving target, probably works a lot better just shooting 3D and targets. Thanks again for the reply.

4. kison

kison BBBC Members

Sep 27, 2002
    Nicholasville
    I have them both and they both work very well for a single pin system. Both are fairly straight forward to setup and accurate out to 60/70 yards. Trijicon takes a bit more playing with to get zero'd in, for me at least. If you truly decide on the trijicon, send me a PM. I have two and one is sitting around collecting dust.

5. Otdrsman85

Otdrsman85 Spike

Nov 28, 2011
    I shoot a Montana Black Gold Easy Glider. Nice sight but still pricey....Ive been shooting a single pin system for prolly close to 10 years bowhunting. Ive always sighted it in at 27 yards and it allows me to shoot from point blank all the way to about 35 yards pretty easily. Before the easy glider I actually hunted with a fixed single pin sight. Practice practice practice in the off season and learn your arrow trajectory and where to aim and it is actually alot more simple at least for me anyway. Good luck to you whatever you choose. Oh and I dont shoot a fast bow either so its not the speed...

6. brfire

brfire Spike

May 17, 2011
    Not Deer Central
    I have an HHA and love it. Very easy to set up and sight in, only problem I had was my quiver kept hitting the sight.