One of the few great men left

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.

It sounds as if Woody needs some prayers. If not for true men like him who knows where our country would be. Our family lost my Great Uncle on the beach at Iwo Jima, well before my time. Many times I have wondered what he was like and that I could have met him. I have all of his paperwork that was sent back after he was KIA. It gives me cold chills, reading all of the letters sent back to my Great Grandparents. Prayers up for Woody.

Last edited:

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
CABELL COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Medal of Honor recipient Hershel “Woody” Williams has passed away. He was 98.

The Woody Williams Foundation writes Wednesday, “at 3:15 a.m., Hershel Woodrow Williams, affectionately known by many as Woody, went home to be with the Lord. Woody peacefully joined his beloved wife Ruby while surrounded by his family at the VA Medical Center which bears his name.”

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
CABELL COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Medal of Honor recipient Hershel “Woody” Williams has passed away. He was 98.

The Woody Williams Foundation writes Wednesday, “at 3:15 a.m., Hershel Woodrow Williams, affectionately known by many as Woody, went home to be with the Lord. Woody peacefully joined his beloved wife Ruby while surrounded by his family at the VA Medical Center which bears his name.”
I've worked many a day at that VA Medical center. Prayers for Woody.

Latest posts