on the board

BIGBADDAD

10 pointer
Apr 18, 2009
Outskirts of Benton, Ky
My son Mike killed this one with my crossbow. Hadn't ever used a crossbow til this afternoon. Not to big but we'll take it.He got lucky with a bad shot. Hit her in the neck but she only ran about 25 yards into the woods where she bled out.The Montec G3 made quite a hole!
body.jpg

neckwound.jpg

pumpout.jpg

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Congratulations .....to your son & yourself.

I'm a firm believer the best PR a crossbow hunter can do is talk about their hunts & show their success afield.

I also do really enjoy seeing more & more people on here par-taking of the crossbow season.....again congrats.

M

mrdux

Congratulations .....to your son & yourself.

I'm a firm believer the best PR a crossbow hunter can do is talk about their hunts & show their success afield.

I also do really enjoy seeing more & more people on here par-taking of the crossbow season.....again congrats.
Don't you know he's quite famous around here for shooting them out his kitchen door while in his underwear? At least that's what I was told, not like I would know otherwise.

Congrats to Mike. He's becoming an accomplished killing machine for a city boy.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Don't you know he's quite famous around here for shooting them out his kitchen door while in his underwear? At least that's what I was told, not like I would know otherwise

Been awhile .... however....I think I do remember hearing of that..but wrote it off as just local folklore and should never be conjured up in a mental image.

So... thanks.... gota go into work in a few...no danger of me falling asleep now.

BIGBADDAD

10 pointer
Apr 18, 2009
Outskirts of Benton, Ky
Don't you know he's quite famous around here for shooting them out his kitchen door while in his underwear? At least that's what I was told, not like I would know otherwise.

Congrats to Mike. He's becoming an accomplished killing machine for a city boy.

Well, the first two I ever kilt were from my kitchen in gym shorts...not my tighty whiteys! Tonights was actually stalked by Mike. At 6 foot 2 and about 160 he is MUCH stealthier than his old man!

mrdux....If you ever needed an endorsement for your Xbow blades...here ya go. Have yet to have a deer run much more than 25 yards after the Montec G3 came acalling!

M

mrdux

I change my blade affiliation more often than my underwear. Just set up 4 new bolts with SlickTricks and lighted nocks. Haven't shot them yet since I still have 4 set up with Muzzys.

At the rate I'm going, I don't need to be worrying about any blades since there don't seem to be enough hours in the week to get all my crap done, much less hunting or fishing.

Buck Daddy

6 pointer
Dec 26, 2010
Congrats to your boy. The kids are on fall break next week, so I'm going to let my oldest try his luck with the crossbow. If he gets lucky I will be able to spend the youth weekend concentrating on his little brother's quest for deer #1.

BIGBADDAD

10 pointer
Apr 18, 2009
Outskirts of Benton, Ky
Well............he ain't that young. He's 27. But, we never hunted until a couple years ago. Having Mike to hunt with has helped my learning curve go up alot faster than by myself.

Latest posts