Old farm tools

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by redjackson, Aug 13, 2020.

1. redjackson

redjackson 6 pointer

Dec 4, 2010
    Barren County
    Anyone have a cool way to display/store their old hand or farm tools? After seeing one bad arse axe collection made me wonder whats the best way to store mine in my future shop. Ideas?

barney likes this.
  2. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I've posted this before,..but it's just some shelves out of some old barn lumber. I've got some much bigger/ better boards for better shelves,..just haven't got to it yet. I've seen some crazy collections on the net here and there. Look around a little on google....and yes there are a couple of guys here that would compete anywhere,..one with axes,..the other with chainsaws

:)

Attached Files:

xbokilla, Scruff, Drahts and 6 others like this.
  3. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    I like your wall covering. How thick are those boards cut? Could I do that with green wood?

4. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Mine was,...it's just rough cut pine. A friend of mine did it in his hunting room at the time,..I liked it so I did it in my shop. Picked it up from Amish over in Hart Co...around Munfordville. They are a good 4/4 or 1 inch stock. I actually plan to redo mine sometime...I need to get a planer. It'll just clean the look of them up a bit and I want to brighten the room up. Under the rough cut edges are straight cut pine,..to give the overlap look. Since it's running vertical there is furring strips under that running horizontal over the studs. By the time you do all that you actually start to lose a little space. I'm going to disassemble, plane down the boards..go for a shiplap look running horizontal..no overlap...no furring strips. May or may not throw on some whitewash look to it...but that's my plan. I like it,..it's been perfect for my shop,..just time for a little redo.

5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I don't see how you can improve on what you have.. beautiful.

Drahts and aaronc like this.
  6. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Here is a good one. Don't know the guy,...I follow him on instagram. I post carvings and scrimshaw and such there,..lots of makers of all kinds on it. The amount of axe guys there isn't even measureable...but back to the pic. It fits my liking, he posts under "Double-Bit Axe Co. This isn't his only spread and on other walls he has a ton of historical documents related to the subject. Anyway,..you can check it out :)

Attached Files:

Dark Cloud, barney, xbokilla and 3 others like this.
  7. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
  8. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    Your on a roll ain't you Carl! Lol!

Carl likes this.
  9. Yes ,he is on a roll lol

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Carl! You cotton picker you!

cotton on the roadside, cotton in the ditch, we all picked the cotton but we never got rich

Carl and Meatstick like this.
  11. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Carl likes this.