Ol Sam's rolling over in his grave

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by maxcam, Feb 15, 2011.

1. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

That's effin rediculous. Lets all follow Wal-Marts lead and just lay down and take it from the thiefs.
    If there were more Americans like those employees, we could reduce crime rates significantly. Word would travel fast throughout the crime world about where the easy and not so easy spots are to get away with crime.
    I have a friend that worked at a Dollar General. Same thing there they were not allowed to stop or confront shoplifters. Whatever.

2. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    Just another reason to not buy from WM...like we need any more reasons. I understand using them on occasion, but I don't get why so many people act like WM hung the moon. I truly believe, we'd be better off with no WM stores, altogether.

3. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    WM more than likely saw this as an opportunity to get rid of several employees who were making pretty good money so they could replace them with someone off the street making a 1/4 as much. Might even hire in a few illegals. It wouldn't be the first time they hired illegals to work in the stores.
    Anybody remember several years back when the group of illegals were arrested working at a WM store? Oh nope...wait a minute..I meant to say a group of "immigrants". Don't want to offend anyone.

If any of you guys have Netflix, there is a documentary in the selection menu about Wally World. It's worth your time to sit and watch it. There is a segment on there where WM's tax incentive or something was about to run out and the city they were in would be getting the tax money beginning on a certain date. So what did Wally World do? They closed down the first store right before the tax break ended, and put up a new store right on the city limit boundary. Now they didn't owe the city any form of taxes.