OK UK Haters, tell us what's wrong with this

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Fur Feather, May 25, 2012.

1. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    There's nothing wrong with it if the kid is one the Top 15 Dominican Republic players, whom actually deserves to be on the team.

There's a lot wrong with it if he made the team for a future recruiting advantage for UK and Calipari.

It's as simple as that, but I don't know how good the kid really is relative to the other available Dominican players, so I can't comment. I'd bet that he's currently not 1/10 as good as Charlie Villanueva, Francisco Garcia, and Al Horford, but,even at the age of 16, he might very well be better than anybody else down there. I dunno.

I'm sure the DR is extremely happy that Calipari is coaching their team, so I'd be surprised if any official accuses him of using the DR national team for his own recruiting purposes, but if the team cuts somebody else that clearly could have helped them be more competitive and this kid rides the pine and contributes zero, the conspiracy theories will undoubtedly fly.

2. KyBucks10

KyBucks10 12 pointer

Dec 5, 2008
    Burgin, Kentucky
    Kid can shoot the lights out. He shot a ton of 3s in that video. I was kinda surprised that in that 9:22 video, he didn't dunk one time. Do they have a rule about that in NJ? He doesn't seem to have much of a vertical. His feet barely left the ground when he was shooting those 3s.

3. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains
    cal coaches the dom. team. following in the footsteps of his mentor doing the peurto rican team. pitino's mini me. the kid is a 16 yr. old freshman so it would appear he has been held back 2 years. he will be a very big boy to push around come college time

4. EKY.MTN.HUNTER

EKY.MTN.HUNTER 12 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    Las Montanas
    haha, I have never seen someone try to troll so consistently hard. But hey, if you can't get us on the court, I guess you're relegated to 24/7 insecure backhands. It's all you have, keep beating that horse buddy!

5. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains
    no its true. after P said he would coach the peurto rican team cal done the dominican team. In his book, "Hello Everybody, This is Cawood Ledford," legendary and long-time Kentucky Basketball announcer Cawood Ledford described a visit from Calipari's UMass team when they traveled to Lexington and faced Pitino's Kentucky squad on December 4, 1991. Wrote Ledford: "The most energetic one of the (UMass team) was the coach, John Calipari, whose clothes and sideline behavior were so much like Rick's that it was almost comical." .....im not blaming him. its a good move on his part. it sure wont hurt his chances landing this kid.

6. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY

If Cal really wanted to be like Pitino, he'd knock up some sluts, kill a baby, and lose to Morehead St.

7. KyBucks10

KyBucks10 12 pointer

Dec 5, 2008
    Burgin, Kentucky
    hahahaha!!!!