Ok, now a Les vs Bear poll....

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by killinmammals, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    It should! You are officially the only person on this entire forum at the moment that doesn't think I'm a babbling idiot.:D

2. F250Stroke

F250Stroke 10 pointer

Jan 22, 2007
    back in the woods you see
    If I had to pick one I would pick Les, Bear likes to use his pee way to much and that bothers me a little. Drinks it, pees on his shirt and wraps around his head, pees in a snake skin and carries it around with him. Disturbing:eek:

3. hannibal

hannibal 6 pointer

Aug 8, 2007
    Western, KY
    climate is the key here. tropical climate and bear wins, cold climate and les wins. les has no problem making it several days by himself dragging all of his camera equipment in tow. bear has a crew and hotels a lot of the time.

4. Les all the way, Bear is way to pretty and Id bet that he gave himself the nickname. And the fact that as earler mentioned. He pees on himself way to much. I saw the one where he noodles a catfish and he gets spined. Instead of rubbing the fish slime on it he peed on it. Besides les does the manly thing and builds a fire and cooks stuff.

5. I'll take Les on this one as well..... The new Man vs. Wild shows just started up and low and behold...Bear almost went over a slick slime coated rock cliff. He grabbed a finger hold edge that stopped his demise for sure. The camera crew actually had to bleep out his cussing up a storm from that scary moment...You could tell he was scared quite a bit from his close call with death for sure.....He's in Belize and that snake he kills is one long arse snake, yum yum.....:)

6. Zeb

Zeb 8 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    I'd like to go with Bear but just can't. Les whines a little but seems to make the right choices and has little help. Bear will climb 100' up a tree, tempting injury and wasting 100s of calories to get 10 calories worth of some nasty fruit. He also always has crew around. One episode Bear killed a rabbit by throwing a stick at it. Very cool but it looked a little suspect to me:rolleyes:. Another show he "found" a deer in a very cold climate that had been killed by a hunter. It was already field dressed, not frozen and actually had steam rising while he skinned it.

Bear gets my vote for entertainment - Les for information

7. RUTNUT

RUTNUT 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    RICHMOND KY
    Les; i did see him kill a timber rattler with a stick and eat it.

8. finelydeerhunting

finelydeerhunting 8 pointer

Nov 7, 2006
    Finley, KY
    Bear has a full camera crew.

Les is a 1 man team.

Les would survive, because if Bear didn't have his camera crew for support, he wouldn't be able to do the stuff that he does.

When you are all alone, you don't try to scale down a 200 ft. cliff on vines and tree roots.

Don't forget Bear has been proven fake before, also has admitted to spending nights in tents/motels/etc. when the going got too tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxsqkxHDVQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhVo5kIjiMw

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  9. Big_country

Big_country 6 pointer

Jul 16, 2007
    manchester ky
    My vote is for bear, to go thru what he had to for a spot on british SAS he has to be one tough SOB. JMO. that training and initiation test's aint no joke. besides les whine's too much.. :D

10. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I saw a special on their "initiation" test once :eek::eek::eek: They literally got beat down with the butts of rifles..I have a good friend who is a retired Colonel and he did a lot of work in the UK..Even he said they were some tough mofo's..He said the SAS is more "Militarily traditional" with training :cool: