Ok, now a Les vs Bear poll....

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by killinmammals, Jan 17, 2009.

1. somebody help me out on this one...I have never done a poll.

Both Bear and Les are dropped in a location from a helicopter with only a knife, mag. fire started, and the clothes on their backs. They are told they have to survive 2 weeks and make it 40 miles to a spot where they will be rescued at the end of this time. Who will survive...and why.

1. Bear Grills
    2. Les Stroud

I'm going with Bear, I think after a few days without food, Bear would kill a critter to eat, Les would get angry Bear killed the critter because it was a poor innocent animal that didn't deserve to die. Les will then cry all night. A few days later when they are starving Bear will get tired of Les crying about the animal and Bear will end up eating Les...or just throwing him off a cliff and going hungry until the end of the 2 weeks.:D

2. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I think Bear will end up going "Wendigo" On Les and that will be that..Bear for the win..:D

3. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    les is a whole lot smarter than bear.as soon as bear killed something to eat les would push him off a cliff or something.

4. Beretta-fan

Beretta-fan 6 pointer

Aug 20, 2008
    Salt Lick
    I have no idea, both would probably make it. I think Bear and crew are more ratings oriented and do the craziest worst possible senario stuff and Stroud is a little more down to earth with his methods. Bear keeps 8 to 10 people with him so I don't know how he would do on his own while Stroud has his crew camp within a mile of him.
    As I said I think both would make it but if I had to choose who would make it first I guess I would have to go with Bear.

5. StaleyEMT

StaleyEMT 8 pointer

Jul 14, 2007
    Laurel Co.
    Bear, IMO, is more physically fit than Les and would probably
    come out on top.

6. TedB

TedB 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2005
    Nicholasville
    I've never seen Bear kill anything that wasn't pretty obviously staged.

I'd like to see that show, a survival showdown. If there is a time limit I think Bear would win. He's younger and more physically fit.

In a real survival situation I'd go with Les. He's more level headed and doesn't take risks.

7. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    I'm going with Les. He takes fewer risks, and I've seen him pack a rifle more than once.

8. F250Stroke

F250Stroke 10 pointer

Jan 22, 2007
    back in the woods you see
    I think they are both a couple of girly men.:)

9. carpenterguy

carpenterguy 8 pointer

Nov 9, 2006
    Burkesville, Ky
    Les!..............................

10. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I think they are two different kind of shows myself..Bear shows a lot of dangerous stuff but in all honesty he served in the British SAS and was a survival instructor for the SAS..He broke his back in a jump because of a chute malfunction and still climbed Everest afterwords..2nd degree blackbelt and all that good stuff. .Hes probably about 10X more fit than Les is and has 10X the training..Either one could probably do fine anywhere you dropped them off..Despite Bears antics he clomes closer to being the real deal than Les does..He also does a lot of charity work..

11. NitroHunter

NitroHunter 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2002
    Jeremiah, Kentucky.
    I'd say Bear would go somewhere and have another chopper pick him up and fly him to a hotel, from there he would spend the next two weeks. He would then catch another chopper and parachute into the location 40 mile away.

12. KyBucks10

KyBucks10 12 pointer

Dec 5, 2008
    Burgin, Kentucky

agreed.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxsqkxHDVQ

13. Rem7600

Rem7600 6 pointer

Dec 12, 2005
    Eastern Kentucky
    OK GUYS--uh oh honey says i'm yelling when i type in caps but bear just woke me so i'm yelling at bear--my question is does bear bring food for the crew or do they have to eat what he eats--honey is letting me type cause he doesn't want me to go find bear and kill him for a rug for the hearth--bear is going to make it cause he has a crew that will carry him out to save their jobs and les will find something interesting to look at and get slowed down coming in a slow second--if you want to make it interesting put the sheena queen of the jungle in there and she'll show them how to get home fast to help ted skin the deer she kills for supper--good night and God bless our troops and God bless the USA--we may all need these survival tips for daily living if things don't change--love, mrs. honey(Rem's other half)

14. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    LES! Bear is a fake. Bear has a camera crew and he stays in hotels at night during filming.

15. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville

I agree, and it disturbs me that you and I agree on something Art!