OH CRAP!! Read the regs

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by mrdux, Nov 11, 2013.

1. mrdux

mrdux Guest

I was hanging out with the guys who hunt the farm just west of me on Sat.. 2 of the guys are taxidermists also. One of them got a call and walked away a piece to have the conversation. He walked back to where we were standing and said you guys aren't going to believe this crap. Seems a teenaged boy had called to get a price on having a bobcat mounted. He was all excited because he had shot one that morning and this was the 1st one he had ever seen and it was a huge male. He brought it home and called it in to telecheck. Only problem is the bobcat season doesn't come in until noon on Nov 23rd. My friend told him he didn't think he would be interested in taking it in to mount. I figure this kid will learn a long, hard lesson on reading up on season dates before he decides to pull the trigger again.

OH CRAP moment for sure.

2. DRS

DRS Banned

Mar 3, 2010
    Kentucky
    Reading is cheaper than a violation fine!!

3. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    You know you would be surprised how many people actually think that Fox and bobcats are just as legal to kill year-round is Coyotes are.

4. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    After hearing the Kentucky Afield call in show and the questions people ask nothing surprises me. Hard to believe people can be so ignorant of the laws.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  5. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    Well I mean my buddy says he doesn't care because he hates predators he will always kill them when he sees them... (I know I know... He is probably a few brain cells at of a squirrel) but.. I've told him time and time again...'just because you do t agree with the law (or know it) doesn't mean you aren't held to it'.

6. mhounshell

mhounshell 6 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    KY
    Just checked the telechek and there have 7 bobcats that have been checked sounds like he not the only one that didn't read the regs.

7. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Someone needs to approach those 7 people and say "Here's your sign" lol

8. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I saw one Saturday and went, "Oh crap". pulled out the iphone, checked real quick to see it wasn't in. Had it been in, the bobcat was gone before I had my answer.