Official youth weekend thread

pentail

Bacon
Staff member
Sep 25, 2002
Savoring the smoke
All three of ours will be afield. This will be Hunter's last youth season. It seems like yesterday that I had to carry him to the blind for his first trip to prevent the wet grass, barely boot high to me, from soaking him to his waist. Now he could probably carry me (well, maybe not for far)

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Best of luck to all the youngsters this weekend.

As 120 stated... enjoy it because they sure will grow up on you fast. Which take it from me... you will miss these youth hunts and time afield with your kids.

Again .. good luck to all.

Jerod

10 pointer
Oct 30, 2008
KY
I remember the only break I took from dad hunting was to walk down to the right and he went left. Now it seems kids love social media and YouTube. lol I may ground the cell phone to the truck.

Jerod

10 pointer
Oct 30, 2008
KY
By the way , this front should have them up moving. I hear the wind gusts will be 30mph from the south to the north. Just planning ahead

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
Just got the ranger loaded and all like is packing our back pack in the morning. Lets do this!!!!

Dreamhunter

10 pointer
Sep 29, 2013
I just wanted to wish all the youths good luck in the mourning there little hearts will be thumping in the mourning May god be with each and everyone of them .my girl is gone for the weekend first time she's missed youth season.we will just have to try it later. Goodluck guys and gals.

HUNTINGMAN

12 pointer
Nov 7, 2008
Harrodsburg KY
I got a question, i am taking my son tomorrow and cant make much sense out of the kydfwr we site. My boy is 13 so does he need a tag and jr hunting liscense to deer hunt. The site says he is eligable but dont say he has to have it.

Nock

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2012
Butler co
Good luck again to the kids. I'll be keeping a eye on this. I won't be able to take my son this weekend.

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
I got a question, i am taking my son tomorrow and cant make much sense out of the kydfwr we site. My boy is 13 so does he need a tag and jr hunting liscense to deer hunt. The site says he is eligable but dont say he has to have it.
Yes after they turn 12 they have to have a tag and liscense

supergoat80

10 pointer
Aug 31, 2012
My little guy said " I want to take the 7mag." I said ok. He's 11 but built like a grown man. Man I hope it happens for him today. I put tons of pressure on myself eveytime I take him. The last one he shot hit it back a little far left it over night coyotes got it. It was his first one. Good luck be safe

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
We just pulled in to the farm. Winds kickin this morning. We havent hunted this farm in ten yrs. Nobody has. Would love to get something to happen. If fixin to go poop and we headed in. My daughter aint as photogenic as she use to be. Now were suppose to have makeup on and hair fixed so im gonna have to sneak my shots in today lol
20161008_052015-600x800.jpg

Martybthree

6 pointer
Aug 7, 2013
Out in Clark. Taking a youth for his first deer hunt. Fingers crossed he gets a chance to shoot. What's everyone think of the wind?

Latest posts