Off season Hobbies

elmucho277

8 pointer
Aug 4, 2009
northern ky
I love scouting this time of year. No bugs and no sweating lol.
Planning to check out some new public up in Indiana.
Just bought a motor for my John boat so might try to shoot some geese.
Then shed season on our farm here in ky. Prolly get out a least 2 or 3 times hopefully.
Then It’ll be scouting turkeys. Hoping to use my boat this year to get on some un pressured birds.
I am hitting Missouri next fall, not far from Iowa. Hunting last 10 days of October. Planning to get out there a couple times before it warms up to log some miles.
I am also trying to get a lease in Indiana, so I check Basecamp like twice a day lol.
Be sure to check out the new non-resident license rates for deer in Indiana, they just raised them to a ridiculous amount starting 2022. $240 for one deer with a specified weapon or $550 for up to 3 deer.

Cole505

6 pointer
Sep 6, 2016
Lagrange
Be sure to check out the new non-resident license rates for deer in Indiana, they just raised them to a ridiculous amount starting 2022. $240 for one deer with a specified weapon or $550 for up to 3 deer.

It was 150 last year. I’m not tripping about 90 extra bucks for the whole season. It’s close to my house so I can hunt there a ton in early season. Worth every penny to me.

Cole505

6 pointer
Sep 6, 2016
Lagrange
It was 150 last year. I’m not tripping about 90 extra bucks for the whole season. It’s close to my house so I can hunt there a ton in early season. Worth every penny to me.
And I only hunt bucks up there so it’s a no brainer for me.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I fish once or twice a week in Spring and early Summer. Turkey hunt 10-12 days. May golf some this year. Guys at work are wanting to. Pool time with the family is always fun.

DaveO

6 pointer
Dec 30, 2017
Indianapolis
Work, work & more work! Go back to 10-12 hr days as a Carpenter and side jobs on weekends. Have 4 bathroom remodels & privacy fence lined up already. If any dead time, I’m splitting and selling firewood. Take a week off to hunt turkeys then back at it for rest of summer. Has been my routine for past 20 years.

Bowmostofthetime86

6 pointer
Apr 16, 2019
Pendleton county
This time of year is the worst for me. I used to have an indoor archery range close to my house and that helped pass the winter months. But it closed a few years ago and none close. I shoot here at home in the yard when weather permits. I love to turkey hunt so turkey season is always a great time I usually hunt at least 4 days a week. Once turkey season is over I shoot 3d archery as much as possible. And prepare for September.

rockhousehunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Salyersville, Ky
Let's see, I work a more than full time job and practice turkey calling. I tend a farm and care for 28 damcows and trap some while doing that. I scout for turkeys and manipulate turkey habitat 365. I waterfowl hunt when I can find birds or everything is frozen except the river. Did I say practice turkey calling? Mention scouting for turkey season? I fish some, not as much as I did because in the spring I'm looking for TUYKEYS. Basically, if I'm breathing, I'm scouting for turkeys, turkey calling, or thinking about and talking about TURKEYS!
So you practice turkey calling, scout for turkeys, manipulate turkey habitat, look for turkeys, thinking about turkeys, talk about turkeys.................but no mention of hunting turkeys. You should try that part, it's fun too.
;)

rum3002576

6 pointer
Dec 29, 2014
Wayne County
5FB8DB5A-8120-4716-ACD0-343E9E8908B8.jpeg

KYH5N1

10 pointer
Jan 19, 2008
In the nightmares of turkeys
So you practice turkey calling, scout for turkeys, manipulate turkey habitat, look for turkeys, thinking about turkeys, talk about turkeys.................but no mention of hunting turkeys. You should try that part, it's fun too.
;)
After all the preparation, when season opens, I "kill" turkeys, not hunt them.

INKYHUNTER

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 10, 2001
Bowling Green, KY, USA.
Work on bee equipment and bees. Got out my fly tying equipment and have been tying a few. Even though I don’t fish with them anymore. Look forward to turkey season, will be 80 when season opens god willing. Have always been a run and gun hunter and still can. But since I can’t hear much that takes some of the fun out of it. Hunted deer a few times this year but didn’t see anything i wanted to field dress and drag out. Ready for spring!

Latest posts