October 1st Roll Call

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
THE OFFICIAL start of bow season!
Unfortunately I can not go today. Oh well. It is a beautiful morning.
I’m carrying crossbow like a real man 🤣. I hunted this stand twice this year while it was about 90 degrees.

Haven’t seen any deer here yet but I’ve had two coyotes that were chilling at 55 laughing at my 50yd bottom pin and my snub nose.

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Up on the edge of hardwoods/hilltop field this morning almost at the butler co line in Grayson co. Wind changed and had one blow at me 50+ yards out. Sprayed all my hunting clothes down last night. Then again this morning when I got out of the truck and forgot to spray my coat again. I’m assuming that’s what did it.

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
Up on the edge of hardwoods/hilltop field this morning almost at the butler co line in Grayson co. Wind changed and had one blow at me 50+ yards out. Sprayed all my hunting clothes down last night. Then again this morning when I got out of the truck and forgot to spray my coat again. I’m assuming that’s what did it.
Wind, the wind is what busted you, I spray my stuff too but my opinion if they get directly downwind I don’t care what product you got, they will smell you

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Wind, the wind is what busted you, I spray my stuff too but my opinion if they get directly downwind I don’t care what product you got, they will smell you
Yeah that’s what I was telling someone last night. It was blowing from right behind me when I sat down and right after I was busted I noticed it was blowing in the direction the deer was.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
My brother got all set up. Heard deer snorting, thought he scared them or they smelled him, then two yotes ran right up on him. Hunt over.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Good luck everyone. I’ve been a lazy arse but woke up this morning wanting to hunt. Got a couple days off later this week. Plan to hit the woods soon.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
2 dead yotes ?
He had a pistol with him and pulled on one and missed. He was still hunting a small spot behind his house and they ran within ten feet of him. He’s gonna set up and do some calling and try to kill them from his back porch. He’s had a big momma doe with 3 little ones that now only has 1 with her, so…we know what probably happened there.

Latest posts