Oct 6th weather

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by gobblergetter, Sep 25, 2009.

1. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    Has anybody else seen the low temp for Oct 6th is supposed to be 38? I can't wait for this colder weather. Its just around the corner.

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Where did you see that?

3. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    Settle down big fella. Accuweather and Weather.com were giving the 24th to be high in the low 60's and low's in the 40's until Monday then brought it back up to the cool 82 that it was with 10000% humidity.

I hope you are right but wouldn't put much stock in those long term forecast. Twice this year we have cut hay with no rain for 4 or 5 days and both times we have had flash flood warnings in the county. After we cut.

4. itallushrt

itallushrt Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Getting a blumpkin
    Any meteorologist that says they can "predict" the weather more than 3 days out is LYING. It is IMPOSSIBLE. Weather predictions are based off of models. This by its self is inherently FLAWED. It is a guess no more no less.

5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Well I just wondering where he got that long of a forecast. I know weather.com gives a 10 day outlook but as others have said, it's usually wrong past 2 or 3 days. If you check that 10th day it will change 3 times before it gets here.

6. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    I dunno. They've predicted east winds all month, and it seems like they've been right on that.

7. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    The pressure system that was supposed to bring that stalled out north and west of here. They've been getting below average temps for the last week or so where it's stalled. That system and the one below us is what is causing all of the rain that western KY has been swimming in for almost 2 weeks now. I'm hoping the one might finally push through here toward the end of next week.

8. kybadcat36

kybadcat36 8 pointer

Mar 26, 2005
    central city ky
    One thing for sure. It's getting to late September and the temp will cool. How much is anyone's guess? These weather people are about as accurate as that as predicting weather. It will cool during the day, cooler at night, some sunshine/some clouds, possibly a rain shower or two.

9. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana

Accuweather.com shows a 15 day forecast.

Man guys you gotta have something to look forward to!:D I know there's a chance it will change. Heck it may change for the better. We may have 32 and snow:eek::D You guys can stay pessimists.:p I'm hoping for the cold weather. For what its worth, that particular night is the only night its supposed to be that cool and the day time temps are in the 60's

10. reezenhunter09

reezenhunter09 6 pointer

Sep 14, 2009
    Jamestown
    Gobbler, here in Western KY the lows are "SUPPOSED" to be in the 40's! I am with you though, I am hoping for colder than that as I will be camping/hunting all next weekend!

11. itallushrt

itallushrt Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Getting a blumpkin

I think it's a safe bet that we are ALL hoping for colder weather, but relying on a forecast for 11 days from now is a stretch.

12. 7mmx2

7mmx2 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2007
    KY
    I HATE COLD WEATHER!!!!

Except for November Rifle....Then after that it needs to warm back up.

13. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I know a Cincy weatherman. From his own mouth he told me that being more than vaguely accurate on a forecast more than 3-5 days is nothing more than a lucky guess. There are just too many things that affect weather patterns to be more accurate than that.

14. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    guess the weather men knew what they were talking about

i don't know what the temp was in your part of the state this am but i'm 13 miles (as a crow flies) north of the ky border and it was 40 degrees on my way to work this morning. I know that is 2 degrees warmer than what they were calling for but it did dro quite a bit. I saw another thread where every body was pumped up bout it. Guess we should let them know not to get too excited right naturalite;) those weather guys can't tell passed 3-5 days anyhow:rolleyes:

15. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    You said October the 6th not September the 30th. Here is your accuweather forecast for Lexington on October the 6th, High 72 low 56.
    http://www.accuweather.com/us/ky/le...tner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&metric=0

Look I can be a weather man. I think it will be in the thirties sometime in October with some rain and the occasional frost before Halloween. I think November will have cooler temperatures than October with more frost and the occasional chance of snow/Sleet. I think December will be colder than November with greater potential of snow and Sleet.

Anyone want to wager against my predictions?