Obama's new Supreme Court nominee

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Fat Tony, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

...was one of the justices that supported the handgun ban in the lower court in the Heller case that Scalia wrote the majority opinion. Here we go.

2. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    We'll see if Mitch McConnell has a set on him or not.

3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/16/merrick-garland-has-very-liberal-view-gun-rights/

For those that think it's safe until the "next president is sworn in.

Guess what??

There are 34 Senate seats up for election this year AND they take office Jan 3, 2017. The new president takes office Jan 20, 2017.

THIS is what I've been trying to tell everybody. If the Democrats get control they are sworn in Jan 3 and have 17 days to PASS OBAMA'S PICK or wait until Hallary take office.

Better hope and pray the Republicans keep their seats.

4. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    This is why the senate needs to bring them in for the pony show and vote him or her down, and move on to the next. At least the people will see something that resembles what it was designed for.

5. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    Hey, this is the first time in memory that Mitch has shown his set of cojones. Maybe after this he will actually repeat it, and then get in the habit of actually doing what he was elected for.

Even if the Senate flips, he could emulate Harry Reid and filibuster if Hillary gets elected instead of arrested.

6. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Is going to Twitter how this is handled now?

7. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    HUH? "what it was designed for" please show us all where Congress is "Ever Required" to vote on SCOTUS justices, they have the right to vote (or to not vote) nothing new and to even consider this "lame duck's" bogus candidate is foolish and serves no useful purpose, this was an underhanded trick by the POTUS to try to sway the Congressional elections- anyone who doesn't see this for what it is, is not looking.....

IF this bozo is confirmed it would be a travesty , no way can this joker keep the Oath of office after ignoring it for so long.........the record of this joker speaks for itself

8. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
  9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I heard part of a news story today where McConnell is using a rule that was put in place by Harry Reid when he was majority leader. I missed the first part of it but it appears that McConnell has the final say regardless of what the senate or majority party wants.

10. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I saw that. Dang.

There is another one out there with Cruz beside Grampa Munster that is pretty good too.