Obama & sportsmen issues

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by swamper, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The stuff about McCains past on guns is nothing new to anybody that is doing their homework...one of the last things I would worry about with Obama is my guns...he is an idiot plain and simple

2. bassvax

bassvax 8 pointer

Jul 25, 2007
    WKY
    When was the last time a criminal was inclined to abide by the law? Creating new laws that punish law-abiding citizens is not the answer.

Enforcement of existing laws
    Jail time as it was meant to be
    Death Penalty (death penalty cases should be tried thoroughly and in a time frame so that the crime can be related to the punishment for proper deterance)
    An armed citizen
    No gun-free zones (slaughter houses for criminals)
    Parental responsibility

These are the things that are needed to prevent/deter gun violence by criminals.

Not the [email protected]** liberals jumping over themselves to hand bathe and spoon feed incarcerated felons with their mommy-cares-Linus-p!$$ blankies while they watch 76 channels of shiite on the cable tv and get college degrees at the expense of my families work ethic............talk about barf! Whine-zone lib fest...I am so sick of the thought process whereby folks take no responsibility for their actions...it just had to be that mean old peace officer that took away his sucker when he was 8 cuz he was spitting it on everyone.....GEESH

/rant over

3. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    [When was the last time a criminal was inclined to abide by the law? Creating new laws that punish law-abiding citizens is not the answer] Quote:

I'd have to agree with you on this statement. You didn't have to get that worked up about it though.:D LOL

However my point was that all three candidates are in some form or fashion for the ban of assault weapons. Whether it is with "common sense" or "the details" regulation. The beginning posts were bashing dems for not being for the Sportsmen b/c they wanted to ban guns. McCain supports the ban also. Simply my point

4. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Funny how, of the two big B. Hussein Obama supporters, one is a teacher and the other a student.

Good case for homeschooling right there.

I reckon you "sportsmen" won't be getting a Christmas card from me this year. :D

5. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    It worries me. I've noticed these youngsters tout Obama. There's two or three students on here for him. I hear little grade school kids say they want Obama also. Worry, worry, worry, for my country. :confused: :confused:

6. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    LOL. Sounds like you need the homeschooling. :D Sounds like nobody is speaking up now when it comes to Obama taking away guns since I proved McCains stance on the Assault weapons ban is similar if not the same has Obama and Billary's. Plain and Simple: The argument against Obama taking away our guns does not hold water if you are comparing him to McCain or Billary. You can argue other points but not this one.

I still find it funny how the politically uneducated still like to use Obama's middle name against him.:D I won't be looking for a Christmas card. LOL Maybe a "trick" on Halloween though.:D

7. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Here's a clue... Being against Obama or Clinton doesn't automatically indicate support for McCain.

Although McCain does happen to be the least objectional democrat running, I suppose I'll write in Moon Unit Zappa before I vote for any of them.

8. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    As a life member of the NRA I doubt I will see their endorsement of Obama or Hillary. It may be that none are "good". But it's easy to see that two are bad if you like guns and want to keep them relatively unchallenged the next four years. Bannable "black rifles" are selling like hot cakes. The reason is fear of Hillary or Obama either one getting in. Look at any anti gun vote in the house or senate and you'll see all the D's on one side and R' on the other. The D's are the ones against legal gun owners and that's a fact.

9. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    I just quickly went and grabbed this from NRA's website. Doesn't sound like they think Obama is good for us.

[​IMG] Clinton Mail Attacks Obama on Guns
    Hillary Clinton has re-opened her sharp attack on Barack Obama's position on guns, with a mailer in Indiana that seeks to raise questions about him with both supporters and opponents of gun rights. The piece is particularly striking coming from Clinton, who has been seen for most of her career as a firm advocate of gun control.

Barack Obama "We've got to tighten up our gun laws."
    "I felt that [the first one] was a precedent for conceal-and-carry laws. There has not been any evidence that allowing people to carry a concealed weapon is going to make anybody safer. [The second one] is relevant to the D.C. handgun issue. I wanted to preserve the right of local communities to enforce local ordinances and this would have overturned municipalities being able to enforce their own ordinances. We can argue about whether the ordinances work or not. But I wanted to make sure that local communities were recognized as having a right to regulate firearms."

Clinton and Obama Call for More Gun Control in Pennsylvania Debate

Standing Guard: Barack Obama's Slippery Oratory
    To understand Barack Obama on the Second Amendment, you have to know about the clash of character between the then-Chicago state senator and an ordinary citizen who exercised his right to armed self-defense in violation of a local gun ban.

10. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana

And your in the MEDIA. Constantly spinning things to be biased. LOL

11. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

What about middle aged, white, banker, papaws for Obama ... don't you worry about us, also???

I think you'll find support for all 3 candidates across a broad cross-section of AMERICANS. It's just harder for you to comprehend how someone like me, who likely shares roughly the same demographic as you sees the race from the opposite perspective.

12. BurleyDog

BurleyDog 10 pointer

Jul 4, 2007
    Your the man gobblergetter! Expect a Christmas card from me! lol.

I think what we are saying is for the first time in a long while this election cannot easily be split into pro-life vs pro-choice, pro-gun vs anti-gun
    Take a good strong look at the sources that are saying these gun arguments. They are taking the political focus away from where it should be. ON the issues that are really contraversial. Like our economy.

How many of you want to increase our debt to China? How many of you think politicians should be under the thumb of big lobyists?

Obama has recieved donations from over 1.5 million individuals - more than any politician ever. He has not recieved money from special interest groups.
    When elected Obama will owe the American people for bankrolling his campaign. Hillary or McCain would owe the lobbys.

BTW. Obama is a family man with good, strong ethics.
    Did I tell you all that McCains current wife stole pain pills from a charity intended to give to sick children? values? I don't think so

Another side note - do you really think Harvard educated Obama is an idiot? Have you heard him speak? The man is very smart.

13. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    One thing I've learned from chatting on this site. It is very difficult to get to the root of peoples souls. There is an inherent reason for being a liberal. It may be you have family on welfare and don't want to see that stopped. You may enjoy supporting abortion on demand. You may have a homosexual son and want to side with the homo friendly party. Or you may have some sort of degree that you earned in a liberal college. There are many reasons to be a liberal. Reasons to not be a liberal are liking guns and want to keep them, standing for moral issues like one man one wife, and generally less government and making your own decisions. There's a reason there's party differences. These are but a few. I have also seen that stupid kids grow up to be stupid adults. Who knows whats in a mans soul but he'll have to answer for it someday.

14. BurleyDog

BurleyDog 10 pointer

Jul 4, 2007
    Well. Nobody in my family is or has been on welfare. I do have one friend on food stamps though - his parents were killed and he is taking care of his two younger siblings. Point- we need welfare. Obama believes in reforming it.

Nobody in my family is gay.

EKU is not a liberal college. Trust me, I have been there a while and I graduating in three days.

For years I was a registered Republican. I was because I believe in many things the party stands for. I own guns, I want to continue to own them forever and I will fight for that right! I also have high moral standards. These standards did not change when I switched parties.

To say that the Republicans have a better grasp on morals is wrong. Look at all the gay Republicans that have been caught in the last year alone. Then look at the actions of McCain vs Obama. Morals are not just what you say they are how you act.
    McCain left his disabled wife for a woman who admitted she stole pain pills from a charity. So lets talk about how sacred "till death do us part" is to McCain.

OK, so Obama has a funny name. Big deal.

I was raised to worship a man with a funny name and different appearance than me - His name is Jesus and I strongly believe in His teachings.
    (just so no one accuses me of it... I am in no way comparing Obama to Jesus)

So...get off the Republican high horse. There is no party that has all the answers. We need to vote based on who the individual is. In this election with our choices Obama is the best.

I have a good soul man. You would like me if you met me. Lets not fall for all the rhetoric and divisions that are keeping us from making true political progress.

15. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

WOW, now because I'm liberal (although I prefer the term: Progressive) I will have to "answer" someday for what's in my soul. Priceless!!!

Regardless of the content of the first sentence of your post above, I doubt you've "learned" much from this site or any other source.

Pass this man a double-Kool-Aid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.