Obama & sportsmen issues

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by swamper, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    What did Obama say in San Francisco in a private speech without any cameras around? What did he say then about the "country people" of Pennsylvania and their faith and guns??

Obama is more like the people of San Franciso than he is like people from Kentucky or Pennsylvania.

What he said in private counts more for me than some public speaking, that private place told the real story about the real Obama.

2. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    where do you get your facts?please show me where mccain is pro abortion.or that he cheated on his wife.

3. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    OK, let's talk about Obama's stance on your so called "real" issues. BTW, the other side of the world hated us before, and they'll hate us after. Why should we care?

4. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    please show me the satistics on the use of ak's and uzi's in the commision of crimes.i think its around 2%.

5. BurleyDog

BurleyDog 10 pointer

Jul 4, 2007
    You all just need to simply google McCain and his ex wife and the abortion issues and all the facts you need will be right there. And from reputable sources too. (check CNN or MSNBC)

The reason he is "taking the high road" on so many issues is because he is so weak on many of the issues. (Morally speaking...he has admitted to using prostitutes and has cheated, etc)

I respect him though but he is not the right choice for our next President.

Wildcat. I understand why you have been misled on what was said at that private fundraiser. BUT here is the facts. Someone asked him why more people didn't vote based on the economy he basically said it was because so many of us have been let down by false promises by politicians that we stick to "safer" issues like religion and guns. Its true. Many of us vote based on guns or abortion or gay marriage because we don't think the president will really do anything to make us safer, or help our wallets.

I think Barack is the candidate most like us Kentuckians. He has faced many of the same challenges we all face and he knows what it means to have to go without or make tough choices. Both Hillary and McCain have been super wealthy their whole lives.
    Obama is a true American sucess story due to his strong work ethic and determination. That is something I can believe in!

McCain does not share my values. I am pro family so I cannot vote for him.
    Everyone knows Hillary Clinton is a horrible person! Voting for her is wrong. The choice is clear. Obama 08

6. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    You are clearly drinking the Obama Koolaid if you believe what you have posted about him.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Barack_Obama.htm

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Obama's wife is a hospital admissoinor and on their Inocme Tax forums she made over $350,000 in 2007 but only worked a total of 32 days over the entire year since she had to travel with her husband. His home is right next to a empty lot that is owned by a known criminal that is friends with Obama and is in court right now fighting to stay out of prison. If this is your idea of a sucess story I don't need it.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

I was not misled by anything, I read the reports myself. Ever CNN and NBC had to report it word for word otherwise they knew they would get caught trying to misled others into thinking Obama said something else when it was all on tape and Hilary was playing the tape. Seems like someone is trying to misled others.

9. Willie

Willie 12 pointer

May 10, 2003
    Burley,

The man is a CHICAGO POLITICIAN!!

That should be enough said right there.

10. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Looks like you have the candidates backwards here is Obamas stance:

Rated 89% by the HRC, indicating a pro-gay-rights stance
    NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage

11. BurleyDog

BurleyDog 10 pointer

Jul 4, 2007
    I am not naive enough to think that I will agree with a politician 100%. Nor am I naive enough to think that a President can be perfect.
    I like that Obama admitts to his mistakes, seeks advice and works to better the situation. I don't think that can be said about the other two candidates....

What I meant by bringing up McCain's weaknesses is that in the past people have voted for Presidents based solely upon issues such as abortion or gay marriage. Since McCain is not Conservative on these issues we are forced to vote based on the economy, educational system, etc.

I voted for McCain in the last two elections. That was before he flip flopped on the turtore issue and started pandering to the Conservative base of the GOP.

What we don't need right now with our dollar tanking and our international image being dragged through the mud is a president with a bad tempor who wants to needlessly enter us into conflicts and borrow the money for those conflicts from China. We cannot afford another 4 years of Bush policies.

Sportsmen for Obama 08!

12. Willie

Willie 12 pointer

May 10, 2003

No... SportsMAN for Obama 08!

You speak for no one but yourself. Leave us out of it.

13. BurleyDog

BurleyDog 10 pointer

Jul 4, 2007
    LOL you think I am the only one? I want whatever kool aid your drinkin!

14. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    Thank God there is somebody else on this thread that has some common sense. LOL I'm with ya Burley. I just cast my vote in Indiana this morning for Obama.

If you think the Dems are the only people considering the ban of assault weapons check out this quote from McCain's 2000 campaign. Most of you must be naive to think that is just a Dem idea. It goes to show that even McCain supports a possible ban on assault style weapons. "The details" sounds a lot like Obama's "common sense" you all are criticizing so much.

Supports ban on certain assault weapons

McCain said he was open to voting for an assault weapon ban, depending on the details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.