Obama compared to Ancient Roman Empire Leadership

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
I thought we all had free speech??? Isn't that what you were ranting on and on about in the other thread? I guess I should throw illegals in there too.... And tell me if I spelled everything right!

YES I support freedom of speech! (what that has to do with a two word post I have NO clue however).....

I don't recall "ranting on and on " about ANYTHING , nor did "I" mention spelling or grammar..... me thinks perhaps you should check before you hit the submit button????

I love the SPIN you guys TRY to use, avoid the ISSUES and try to divert attention to total BS :rolleyes: I simply asked a very simple question now I have my answer, obviously there was no point to the post....all I wanted to know

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Open Borders in the Roman Empire's downfall

. Their failure to control their society from a influx of cultural influence by not being able to define their boundaries also played a pivotal role in their decline.

There is the mention of (what we now call) Illegals.......thanks for playing along :D

Wildcat

12 pointer
Jan 7, 2002
Ledbetter, Ky.
Isn't it funny how one can see HATE for a certain person but when the shoe was on the other foot he only saw hate for only his policys and actions.

I myself don't hate Obama personally, only his policys and actions. But if I disagree with Obama's politices I must hate him????

I don't know what happened in other person's PM's since that's what they are, PRAVITE MESSAGES. So unless they are posted on here there is no way of knowing what was said, we only can go by that person's word.

Want to see real hate on a web site??

Go to Daily Kolls, Huffington Post and read what they allowed to be posted on their web sites last year durning the campaign. Some of their members posted for the death of Sarah Palin's Downs Baby. I know they were there, I read them. Ever OReilly reported on them last year. The Huffington Post later pulled the posts but they still allowed that type to keep posting.

Sep 8, 2009
Post the PM's! I seriously doubt any of the fine Conservative Republicans on this site would ever use that word. I am more offended by that accusation than all the fake stuff CNN and MSNBC could ever post. I'm sure if somebody was man enough to send that to someone in a PM, they would be man enough to own up to it.
Yet one more example of a liberal making stuff up just to make the rest of us look bad. :mad:

mgpatty

10 pointer
Nov 15, 2007
Floyd County
There is the mention of (what we now call) Illegals.......thanks for playing along :D

Very true. You can expand that even further. Those who became part of the Roman Empire attempted to keep their national identity despite being part of a new 'nation state'. They did not attempt to integrate into their new society as a Roman. It is totally acceptable to be proud of your heritage and ancestry. This great nation is a melting pot of nationalities. However, to use melt in this context means to shed your former national identity and blend gradually into a 'American'. I can trace my paternal lineage to Ireland, and then to Scotland, as far back as the 1400s. I am also very proud of my ancestry. However, I am a proud American foremost. I have not, nor would I ever, view myself as a Scot first and American second. This mindset has the capacity to erode a nation's identity over a period of several generations, as witnessed in the Roman Empire.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Very true. You can expand that even further. Those who became part of the Roman Empire attempted to keep their national identity despite being part of a new 'nation state'. They did not attempt to integrate into their new society as a Roman. It is totally acceptable to be proud of your heritage and ancestry. This great nation is a melting pot of nationalities. However, to use melt in this context means to shed your former national identity and blend gradually into a 'American'. I can trace my paternal lineage to Ireland, and then to Scotland, as far back as the 1400s. I am also very proud of my ancestry. However, I am a proud American foremost. I have not, nor would I ever, view myself as a Scot first and American second. This mindset has the capacity to erode a nation's identity over a period of several generations, as witnessed in the Roman Empire.

Exactly (and thank you for clearing up my points) :)

We-Todd-Did

Spike
Dec 27, 2007
Clicked the link and then did my usual: find out who is publishing this thing before I read. Turns out the site is staffed by thinly veiled right wingers. End of that. I do the same for left wing "journalism". I hate propaganda passed off as "intelligent insight".

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Clicked the link and then did my usual: find out who is publishing this thing before I read. Turns out the site is staffed by thinly veiled right wingers. End of that. I do the same for left wing "journalism". I hate propaganda passed off as "intelligent insight".

It's late and I plan to take the family walleye fishing tomorrow so I'm not going to give the definitions of "journalism" and "History" , I don't think it's too hard to find the difference though......:rolleyes:

Either those things happened to The Great Roman Empire or they didn't NO "reporting" (or "left wing"/"right wing" rhetoric )changes historical fact...period

(Hint : the accounts ARE accurate and true)........

Is the Roman Empire standing today? (NO),

What caused the greatest world power of the time to "fall" oh yes, I already provided that link ........

Nice "try" though :rolleyes:

We-Todd-Did

Spike
Dec 27, 2007
I didnt "try" anything but to point out the link is slanted garbage. Look that up with an open mind.

Last edited:

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
I didnt "try" anything but to point out the link is slanted garbage. Look that up with an open mind.

Not hardly YOU "Tried" to discount well known long standing history by TRYING to discount the source from the link...... NOT one shred have YOU disproved (still waiting) yet YOU (yes YOU) made the statement it was "slanted"........NICE "try" but until you do better than you have it's only "a try" (and a VERY weak one at that)

That's funny WORLD HISTORY is (in your opinion) "slanted garbage" OK I'll "bite"

EXACTLY what do you dispute (and I expect you to back it up with the same hard evidence I've provided e.g. REAL world history as it compares to actual current events)

Open Mind?

The history is well know, long written NOTHING to "open your mind to" again either it happened or didn't . DO YOU dispute that and if so prove your stance.......

Last edited:

grouser68

Banned
Jan 29, 2006
It's late and I plan to take the family walleye fishing tomorrow so I'm not going to give the definitions of "journalism" and "History" , I don't think it's too hard to find the difference though......:rolleyes:

Either those things happened to The Great Roman Empire or they didn't NO "reporting" (or "left wing"/"right wing" rhetoric )changes historical fact...period

(Hint : the accounts ARE accurate and true)........

Is the Roman Empire standing today? (NO),

What caused the greatest world power of the time to "fall" oh yes, I already provided that link ........

Nice "try" though :rolleyes:
Ace, since your so fond of comparisions in history to Presidents then you may want to check this one out. I am not advocating this, just offering it to you as a comparision to what we see on this thread. And since it appears it does'nt really matter to you who wrote it, you wont mind this one.Also, as you put it, (Hint : the accounts ARE accurate and true)........
http://dissidentvoice.org/Articles3/Jayne_Hitler-Bush.htm

grouser68

Banned
Jan 29, 2006
Well I really am going to give up the good fight against hate and misinformation on here for awhile now.But I really can't wait to read all the usual "yeah but's", and "it's not the same thing" excuses we are so used to hearing after reading the url I posted. It will be comical I am sure. Enjoy!

Latest posts