Obama compared to Ancient Roman Empire Leadership

kmtpr

10 pointer
May 11, 2008
W Kentucky
More reason to be "fully aware" of what is transpiring, IMO. People don't pay enough attention to history and that is why history repeats itself. :(

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
Please read the document in the link, and whether you disagree or agree, please point out any hate you can find.

I read it strictly on the basis of looking for hate, and found none.

M

mrdux

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE More hate to spread!

Seems your side is just getting started. You can't defend the indefensible. You look at the source and could care less at the message. We seem to be getting that a lot these days.

grouser68

Banned
Jan 29, 2006
In a move that would be considered "Obamanesqe," he attempted to "spread the wealth"

Yet we elect populists, like Chairman Obama

thereby sowed the seeds (or acorns) of our destruction.

Barack Obama: Plebeian politician to Senator to Dictator wannabe.

TM I consider you to have about as much common sense as anyone on this site. If you cannot see the hate in these hateful comments and name calling..............well!:rolleyes:

A thread with a posted article like this one has no other purpose than to incite, and spread this site with already over ladened hate. Insinuating that Obama is a Dictator, and "Chairman" is no better than calling him the "N" word. Members here who have sent me pm's calling Obama the "N" word in private have used Chairman, and Dictator in public. I will not try to give you a lesson in morals TM but I can guarantee you the name calling and comparisons to sleazy type individuals are not meant to promote love, rather the opposite. Can you not see this TM?

grouser68

Banned
Jan 29, 2006
Please read the document in the link, and whether you disagree or agree, please point out any hate you can find.

I read it strictly on the basis of looking for hate, and found none.
I will not try to convince you of the hate on here TM, if you don't see it by all the threads on the community forum you will never see it.By the way, most of those threads are started with some bogus reporting from right wing rags that can be easily debunked. The problem is not the lies and those that choose to believe them, it's that there are so many of them. I have spent this last few days on here showing the lies for what they are only to have more hate brew from those actions. I think this will be my last post for awhile on the political threads, just too worn down trying to get the hate to stop, and it wont! Wildcat posted that he has seen the hate on all the Anti-bush threads over the years.He has'nt seen any hate compared to what we are seeing here now. PM's calling Obama a name my Mother would have washed out of my mouth with soap.I am positive I never siad I hated Bush, only his policys and actions. But you don't have to go far now to see where people have said thay hate Obama! Well I am done with this for awhile, ya'll can post all the hate you want, I hope it makes you feel better.Have a great.................

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
Those may be little jabs, but don't qualify as hate. Yes, there is hate on this website and in some members, but that linked website isn't it.

The comparison of our society today to the Roman Empire has been made for many years, long before Obama or Bush.

Xi Bowhunter

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2002
Goetz Farm
In a move that would be considered "Obamanesqe," he attempted to "spread the wealth"

Yet we elect populists, like Chairman Obama

thereby sowed the seeds (or acorns) of our destruction.

Barack Obama: Plebeian politician to Senator to Dictator wannabe.

TM I consider you to have about as much common sense as anyone on this site. If you cannot see the hate in these hateful comments and name calling..............well!:rolleyes:

A thread with a posted article like this one has no other purpose than to incite, and spread this site with already over ladened hate. Insinuating that Obama is a Dictator, and "Chairman" is no better than calling him the "N" word. Members here who have sent me pm's calling Obama the "N" word in private have used Chairman, and Dictator in public. I will not try to give you a lesson in morals TM but I can guarantee you the name calling and comparisons to sleazy type individuals are not meant to promote love, rather the opposite. Can you not see this TM?

That wasn't too hard to spot now was it?:D

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
That wasn't too hard to spot now was it?:D

Matt you and Grouser are BOTH wise enough to KNOW it's not hate when it's FACTS being presented. Neither of you made any comment about Obama's "CZARS" (or where the name comes from) I don't have to "look far" either to KNOW why :D

I'm personally offended that MY attempt to show some REAL WORLD HISTORY was "SPUN" into (and attempted to be reduced to ) HATE........:rolleyes:

IF folks INSIST on "trying" to defend the actions of those that cannot be defended, well that's too dang bad! :D
But pulling out the "hate card" (or comparing history to the "N" word) is below anyone on this site IMO

Funny thing is not one attempt to disprove the truth, just random false accusations made......:eek:

mgpatty

10 pointer
Nov 15, 2007
Floyd County
Matt you and Grouser are BOTH wise enough to KNOW it's not hate when it's FACTS being presented. Neither of you made any comment about Obama's "CZARS" (or where the name comes from) I don't have to "look far" either to KNOW why :D

I'm personally offended that MY attempt to show some REAL WORLD HISTORY was "SPUN" into (and attempted to be reduced to ) HATE........:rolleyes:

IF folks INSIST on "trying" to defend the actions of those that cannot be defended, well that's too dang bad! :D
But pulling out the "hate card" (or comparing history to the "N" word) is below anyone on this site IMO

Funny thing is not one attempt to disprove the truth, just random false accusations made......:eek:

It would seem as thought some are very cunning at deflecting from facts by interjecting Red Herrings into the arguement. :rolleyes:

The downfall of the Roman Empire is a very interesting subject. The article you linked did a very good job at explaining some of the core problems that led to the failure of the Roman Empire. There were many other factors involved that led to their demise. Their failure to control their society from a influx of cultural influence by not being able to define their boundaries also played a pivotal role in their decline. They were unable to define what it meant to be a Roman. They lost their cultural identity. I've said for many years there are many parallels between Rome and modern day America. However, those similarities began forming long before the Obama administration. They began before many of us were even born. Unfortunately, it appears as though they are becoming much more apparent under the current administration because of his actions and beliefs.

Disclaimer: I am not a hate mongrel. :)

Last edited:

Al

12 pointer
Jan 14, 2004
Incognito, ky, USA.
The word hate is being thrown around because there is no defense when facts are presented.

Ask Sara Palin what true hate is, and who it came from.