Now this looks fun

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by mudhole crossing, Feb 14, 2021.

1. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Trying not to start a debate on this topic, but based on this comment........in your opinion, should hunters be allowed to hunt rabbits on public ground with beagles ????

2. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Here’s something to think about:

When the antis come after the type of coyote hunting you enjoy who is more likely to support you? Other coyote hunters? Or the general public?

It generally comes full circle fellas. Antis put all hunters and trappers in the same group. They don’t consider one type better than the other. They hate us for what we do and are not the method.

KYBluegill and Munson like this.
  3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Absolutely nothing wrong with dogs and hunting but to use a method that can eliminate a certain quary and effects other being able to hunt them is wrong.

4. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky

What a crock of bull crap! Sounds like a pervert trying to convince some under aged kid not to tell anyone about what they are doing!
    Save it for someone who can't think for themselves!
    Good try, it might work on someone born last night!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  5. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I admit the kill was a rough one but Coon hunter chase coons with dogs and when shake out season comes in , coons are shaken from trees and dogs kill the coon.
    This may be no different than a coyote chasing down a calf or baby deer and killing it. The only difference is that you did not see the coyote make the kill.

6. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    One thing I’m certain of is that you just don’t get it. I don’t reckon it matters though. Most folks that come on a forum raising hell don’t usually come to the table anyway.

Coyotes have had war waged on them for over 100 years. They’ve had everything used on them from traps to poison and everything in between. Coyotes are still here after all that and they are here to stay. Saying hounds can eliminate coyotes is sensational and just incorrect.

You're just raw because you believe the fellas down in LBL inconvenienced your hunt.

KYBluegill likes this.
  7. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Well the guy I talked to seemed to very concerned! Said he was going to give my number to a couple people to have them call me back, wanted to make sure he got me connected with the right people.

8. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I know. It did looking pretty cool but honestly I wouldn’t feel right doing that.

riverboss likes this.
  9. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    If someone wants to do it, and it's legal, have at it. JUST DON'T POST IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA.