Now this looks fun

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by mudhole crossing, Feb 14, 2021.

1. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Got a cuz in law in Indiana that does this. Be awesome!! They keep turning out new dogs on them til they can’t run no more.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Pull the cord and dogs released, sweet.
    I thought he was blowing an airhorn before seeing the dogs haul azz.

3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Looks like he would have let the dogs run it longer vs running it with his truck an then letting the dogs loose

4. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Stupid! Not a thing sporting about it!

cityslicker, CRFmxracer and Carl like this.
  5. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Yeah. I’m not really a fan of hunting with dogs myself. I get coyotes are trash but being mauled to death is not something I consider humane

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    riverboss likes this.
  6. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Looks different for sure.
    Got a buddy in northern indiana..they run them down on snowmobiles and kill em. Either shoot them or run them over.

Carl likes this.
  7. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Anything deserves a quick and as painless death as it can get! There is nothing humane about this kind of slaughter and should be banished from the hunting world's!
    No wonder PETA has such a vast following with people filming and glamorizing it.

CRFmxracer and Carl like this.
  8. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky

riverboss likes this.
  9. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of this.... borderline dog fighting with a fix. pass.

riverboss likes this.
  10. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    This is what got me so upset at LBL this yr, there's a guy doing pretty much this down there.
    Fresh dogs Everytime his get tired, a coyote doesn't have a chance and I'm not sure but would say it might be happening to tree bobcats also just depends on how the rules can be twisted.

A dog that is trained to run something to death and then finish it off has no place in the woods with other hunters and there dogs on public land let alone the other game that lives there!
    It's not a matter of if but when something goes wrong!
    It's a black eye to our hunting community in the eyes of groups like PETA that could get the ball rolling for true sportsman's in ky!
    Mudhole I wasn't coming down on you some times things look cool like in a movie but when you really take a look at it from a real life respective you realize it's just plain wrong.

woodsman92 likes this.
  11. woodsman92

woodsman92 8 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    I have to agree that I don’t support this form of “hunting”. This is just plain ammunition for PETA, and not something sportsman should be associated with. Like others said this should fall under dog fighting instead of hunting. I have friends with fox hounds that travel around to pens full of coyotes and they Have competitions running dogs but the dogs aren’t kill dogs. If your dog kills a coyote your kicked out. I don’t have a problem with this. The guys that shoot coyotes out of the helicopters I think that’s cool, and it’s humane.
    But I think having dogs trained to do this is just wrong in general. It’s as dangerous as a cocked shotgun. How would you like to be in the woods and have this pack of dogs come running up on you, or you and your kid?

riverboss likes this.
  12. Humane? Not really. Plus I would be worried about my dogs contracting rabies. However, if people want to hunt and kill coyotes that way, I say "Let em". They are free men. The yotes are varmint predators and as far as I am concerned, they can hunt em with guns, dogs, ATV's, snow machines and tactical aircraft if that is their desire. Trapping is legal even though it results in pain, suffering and death or loss of a foot and crippling leading to a lingering death that could take months before starvation results. How is that OK but chasing them with hounds is not? I'm sorry if his hunting method was not the same as yours but to each his own. Judge Not...

There are far too many snowflakes out there who think that shooting animals with guns is barbaric and evil and should be banned from the face of this Earth along with the guns and other tools of the trade. We need to all wise up and stop denigrating others just because they are different from us. In Africa, it was common practice for the tribe who was largest and strongest to kill off the men from the smaller, weaker tribes and rape the women so that their off spring would join their tribe and make them stronger. It was law of the jungle. Coyotes are not that different. If they were larger or more plentiful, they would have no issues with hunting us down and eating us or our children. As it is now, they are content to just eat our chickens and small livestock like calves and lambs.

hunt, JR in KY, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  13. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    What you do on your own private land is up to you! Allowing this on public land that is there for anyone to be on, be it hiking hunting fishing or walking your dog this should not be allowed!

mudhole crossing and woodsman92 like this.
  14. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I’m a hunter and I support other hunters and trappers.

mathewsbowhunter82 likes this.