Nov deer harvest second-highest ever

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Old Oak, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    You too?

C'mon 120, you can admit it. Wouldn't you just looooovve to wipe the smirk off this kid's poaching grill.

[​IMG]

:p

2. tex

tex 8 pointer

Dec 22, 2003
    Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.
    Place 5 lbs of live crawfish in cool clean water. Change after 1 hour and add 1 lb of salt. After 30 minutes, rinse and pull of the tail and deshell. Heat grease to 350. Yes grease, as in lard. It will be close to smoking.

Rinse tails in egg/milk wash and batter in 2 parts cornmeal/1 part flour with onion and garlic powder. Deep fry 15 seconds past floating. Serve with fresh onion, hush puppies, ice tea. Desert is peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.

Give this to the boy, and tell him to catch many, many more, and then maybe you won't have to press charges.

3. cobbhunts

cobbhunts 12 pointer

Mar 18, 2004
    richmond, ky, USA.
    10 to 1??? That's not what I have been "hearing" around Grayson Co. Where do you hang out and who do you talk to? I only bow and ML hunt Grayson county and there are plenty of deer where I am. Opening day of ML season I passed 17 doe down on the Rough River. That's enough to go around.

I personally would like to have the 3rd week back, but Buck only. I took 3 doe this year (2 with a bow) before rifle season, just so I could focus on getting a buck. Guess what. It was hot and the deer were not moving well. Then I only had 2 weeks instead of 3 in Grayson. Just seems like if they had the 3rd season as buck only, it would make good sense. Protect the Doe, but still give the hunters a chance at getting a buck. I don't even rifle hunt that much, but it sure would be nice to go out with a buck tag in the late rifle and maybe get lucky.

I know at the BGA depot where I work (and guide hunts) there's been a lot more "rutting" action lately than in the first few weeks of November. Guess I will either have to catch a bruiser roaming for a late young doe in Grayson Co., or I could take another doe in late archery with my "buck" tag. If I take another doe, what is the difference than taking a doe in the third week of rifle?

I am sure you are against this as well. Trying to reason with folks like you, is worse than trying to turn a democrat - republican!!

4. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Are there still some good bucks at the depot? I have never hunted it before and have seen several dandy bucks about 10 years ago while driving around.

5. predator

predator 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2006
    Leitchfield, Ky.
    Hey, my man, you got your opinion and I got mine.:) Good luck late season.

BTW- Most of the time I'm hanging around Grayson Co. talking with Grayson Co. people.:cool:

6. cobbhunts

cobbhunts 12 pointer

Mar 18, 2004
    richmond, ky, USA.

Been seeing a very nice 10 on a daily basis the last 4 days. There's still a lot on nice deer out here, but it has gone down hill a bit the last couple of years.

7. cobbhunts

cobbhunts 12 pointer

Mar 18, 2004
    richmond, ky, USA.
    I hang out at the little blue store on hwy 54 all of the time. I am out there a lot more than you probably think. Your story is not the same I get from the local folks, that's all I am saying. The topic actually got pretty hot in the store a couple weeks ago. Several Grayson Co. hunters really upset over the zone change. Yep right there in Grayson Co. believe it or not!!! By local Grayson Co. people too...........

Get up with me and next time I am out there, you can show me around and we could go talk to these Grayson Co. people who love the idea of losing an extra week of rifle.:):cool::D:rolleyes::eek:

8. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown

9. cobbhunts

cobbhunts 12 pointer

Mar 18, 2004
    richmond, ky, USA.

10. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown

11. cobbhunts

cobbhunts 12 pointer

Mar 18, 2004
    richmond, ky, USA.

12. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    Just let me know the next time you are in the county. Send me a pm to let me know. Maybe you'll show me some of these farms with all these deer on them!:D

13. predator

predator 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2006
    Leitchfield, Ky.

14. GraysonCountyHunter

GraysonCountyHunter Banned

Nov 12, 2008
    What are you guys going to do---try to convince him he is not seeing deer? I assume if you are not seeing deer, you are wanting to move in on his place to hunt!!! Don't do it Cobbhunts, anyone who goes by "predator" does it for a reason.

15. ole mossy horns

ole mossy horns Fawn

Nov 15, 2008
    Runnnnn

U better watch them cobbhunts. RAY CHARLES could see what predator is trying to do. I agee with grayson co hunter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.