Not an everyday hunt,

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Glendale John, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

When you have a bald eagle show up and check out your Foxpro decoy.Friday eve in Larue Co. Siberia Road area. 12803231_1138028736237098_8911183672190700074_n.jpg

2. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    I hope they don't show up around here, I am having enough trouble keeping buzzards of my new born calfs

3. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

Those black buzzards? They had a farm meeting here with F&W over them about calf attacks. All over the lake area to. F&W trapped a lot last summer and killed them at lake.

4. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

I seen most likely that same bird eating on something dead in a field there the other day right before you get to Siberia. We see them all the time now.

5. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    I hope I dont see one eating on a baby calf

6. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    If you get a bald eagle killing calves and get proof of it to show fish and wildlife, will they do anything about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

7. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

I doubt it Federal protected.Not heard of any doing that here. Most bird-calf issues are those buzzards. They have killed those in number.

8. maninthemaze

maninthemaze Fawn

Nov 3, 2014
    Daviess County
    I'm not sure if it would work in your case, but where I work we have trouble with buzzards roosting on equipment and crapping on everything. It makes for a hazardous working environment. About twice a year we get permission from the local game warden to kill one and then display the corpse. It seems that buzzards don't like seeing there own kind laying dead on the roof. Doing this keeps them away for months at a time. It might be worth checking in to.

9. bdbrown66

bdbrown66 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    Awesome!! We see them around our place from time to time, too.