 Schedule a Field Day to look at and improve habitat
 Schedule some fun events such as a dog training seminar and a Sporting
clays shoot.**Our goal is to have some fun while rasising some funds to
help with local habitat projects
 Schedule a youth event.
For more info contact
Mark Reese at
[email protected] or 859‐333‐0153
Please feel free to bring additional interested people.
Snacks and drinks will be provide

Birdman

Cyber-Hunter
Feb 26, 2002
Paintsville, KY, USA.
Happy, I could probably look back through the post and see what state you hunt but if you would "what state do you hunt". Lets see how many states that Ky. hunters go out of state to hunt each year and what time of the year we go north (Sept., Oct., Nov., etc.). I had plans to leave this month but that has changed, hopefully I'll make it in Oct. this year to where is still in the air.

crossfire

8 pointer
Jun 13, 2006
Mayfield, Ky
Minnesota, been there 3 times since Wisconsin got so populated with bird hunters. We rent a cabin way out,the nearest gas station is 30 miles away. We hunt National ,State, and county lands. We fill the crockpot every morning so dinner is ready when we limp back in. Free canoe and jon boat comes with the cabin that sets on a very nice walleye, perch, and pike lake. This year we are planning more of a cast n blast, hunt morning and evening and fish in the middle of the day. On a rain day put on the wet weather gear and fish. My pup came back last year looking like a sack of bones, I want to give him, and us a break this year and not come home decimated. Wisconsin is great, just tired of fighting the crowds when an extra 4 hours of driving pretty much gives you peace and solitude with the same or better bird numbers.

This sounds like the place to be; grouse, walleye, and perch!

inchr48

10 pointer
May 14, 2013
NW Indiana
Is everyone getting dogs ready to go north? Lets see some pictures of this years dogs going north.

This is our 6 1/2 year old Wirehaired Vizsla, Dani. She is at the Parent Club's (WVCA) National supported show this weekend at Purina Farms in Missouri. Ready to chase some birds this fall.

Dani Point 1.JPG

agr_hunter

6 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Over the Hill
Anyone been to Manistee National Forest in Michigan? Near Baldwin, MI. It's a little shorter drive and I'm trying to throw in an extra trip up north other than Wisconsin.

jarrodcombs

6 pointer
Feb 23, 2007
salvisa ky
Yes I've hunted there a few times. My experience in that area is way better than kentucky but 2 hrs north and bird hunting is better. Expect 8 to 10 grouse flushes a day. I don't count the mud bats

Latest posts