Northwest Nebraska

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Capttrae, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    I’m not ready to be done yet. Looking at going to Nebraska when I get off. Up in the northwest part of the state. It’ll be a diy hunt, just paying a fee to an outfitter for acess to ground and a place to stay. Have any of y’all ever been out that way that can give me some insight on what to expect weather and bird wise?
    I’ve talked to some of his references the numbers they are talking is hard to believe but I’ve never been there so idk

2. wolverine1

wolverine1 12 pointer

Oct 19, 2004
    breckinridge county
    I don't know anything about the area, but you looking to kill a Merriam? Id love to go out that way myself one day!

3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    We go thru there every year on our way to Wyoming to antelope hunt. Beautiful country in that area. I would think it holds turkeys but I’ve never saw a single bird in the fields while driving. Of course it may be loaded but I would think I’d saw a few all these years.

4. blackangus

blackangus 6 pointer

Sep 24, 2007
    Eastern Ky
    I’ve done a similar setup near Chadron, NE a few times. Based on my experience there were lots of birds but they weren’t by any means easy to hunt. Beautiful country and I look forward to returning.

Capttrae likes this.
  5. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I’ve never been to that part of the world but pack you some viddles and hunt it, enjoy your trip,

6. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    That area holds tons of birds, you just gotta look around to find em. Flocks sometimes are large! Lots of fun hunting out there. I hunted off horseback, just made getting to em easier. Couldn't use motorized where I was.

Capttrae likes this.
  7. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I hunted Crawford Nebraska. Beautiful country lots of birds. I didn’t do outfitter though. Payed $200 to hunt private land.

Capttrae likes this.
  8. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Good luck in Nebraska, hope u get one

9. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 10 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
    Sounds cool.good luck.

10. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    That’s the hope anyway. It’d be nice to knock the Merriams off the list this year as well. Then concentrate on the Gould’s and Rio next year

11. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Don’t know your plan on the goulds and ain’t telling you what to do but I suggest Rio Sonora outfitters. Need info just let me know.

rockhousehunter and Capttrae like this.
  12. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    I’m all ears fir any information you would be willing to share

13. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    If you want to go next year then I suggest you call and book now. You can look him up on internet. His phone number is 1 (520) 559-0642.
    He makes it so easy at the border. They know him. Camps are nice. Food was good. The Mexicans in camp were good people. He takes care of your birds for you. It was just a all around easy trip for us. The ranch we hunted on is loaded with birds. You will kill. He will tell you everything you need to know. I suggest you call him and talk to him about it though. He’s also a game warden for Arizona. You will have to have a USDA certified taxidermist for your bird to clear, you’ll need that info at the border coming back. He will send you a link for that. Like me there ain’t but 2 in state of Ky. So I took mine to Justin Tinsley central Ky taxidermist.

14. BG Region

BG Region Fawn

Apr 27, 2019
    Frankfort
    Shoot me a PM

15. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Good luck if you go Cap! Keep us updated.

Capttrae likes this.