Northern Kentucky is getting ready to be the worlds biggest parking lot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EdLongshanks, Aug 1, 2019.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Its absolutely infuriating.....but MAGA!!

barney likes this.
  2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Well this site will not allow me to post the “resized images”

3. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Been listening to some of his speech on Fox. I love the POTUS!!!

bondhu and barney like this.
  4. ?

Ahh, ok the rally is in Cincinnati.

barney likes this.
  5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Were stuck in traffic?

6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    CVG airport is in Boone county Kentucky. They shut down I 75, 275, 471....all over passes and everything else in between. All 3 northern Kentucky counties become a parking lot.

Wildcat, barney and drakeshooter like this.
  7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Not this time. I made it home and didn’t leave except to the neighborhood pool that I could shoot a 30.06 fairly accurately to.

His last visit was a nightmare because it was during the work day and complicated everything. It almost made me not want to make America great again. I don’t remember Barry’s visits being so disruptive. That stooge isn’t as popular I rectal. I just heard the lines to get in US bank area were serpentined all the way back to the bengal stadium at 3:30. That’s amazing. Maga.

8. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I kinda wish I made an effort to attend....but I have better things to do to be completely honest.

barney likes this.
  9. I’m glad she isn’t president but those rallies are odd on many fronts to me. Definitely not my thing.

barney and EdLongshanks like this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I tend to agree.

11. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I agree as well.....but I like seeing him hold them. It’s unusual and very self serving but I tend to like the things he says. I’d like to attend one but there’s no way I’d stand in line all day in the heat or cold to be able to do so.

bondhu likes this.
  12. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    The restricted airspace, which is a 30 mile ring around any POTUS, covered Lunken, and so we landed at 3, and I advised my passengers to get the heck out of Dodge before you couldn’t move anywhere. Our corporate office downtown also let out at 3 so people weren’t stuck in that mess.

I got home around 4, and found a live feed from Andrews AFB to see when AF1 took off. 4:55. Cued up the feed from CVG’s approach to hear when they were close, as we live right on final approach for the north runways. Sure enough, got a cool video of AF1 flying over the house on its approach.

My trip yesterday was to Dulles in D.C. Coming home took an hour and 4 minutes. If the feed from Andrews was truly live, AF1 did it in 40 minutes flat. Granted, they get to fly direct to wherever they want and I don’t, and a 747 is a fast airplane to begin with, but from a pilots perspective that’s crazy fast to cut 20 plus minutes off a normally 1 hour flight.

13. timer

timer 8 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    Many years ago we took the kids to Seattle and Vancouver for a vacation. While we were there we visited the huge Boeing facility (where they build the 747s) north of Seattle and took the tour. AF1 was in the final stages of construction while we were there.

I've been in airports several times when AF1 was arriving, departing, or just parked....That is one impressive airplane.

14. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    I think its great and important to see Republicans get excited about ANYTHING! MAGA!

15. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    We were talking about this yesterday flying home. We also couldn’t remember either Bush or Obama closing roads to this extent. Neither, of course, had these huge rally’s downtown where all the interstates come together. Bush flew into Lunken a couple times in the smaller 757 for fundraisers up in Indian Hill, as did Cheaney. I was in Detroit once when Bush came in, and they closed the road where we were at because the motorcade was driving by, but I don’t know about surrounding roads.

I had to divert to Lexington, twice, because both Bush and Obama overstayed their original time by hours.