North to the Northwoods!

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by JonDunn, Aug 30, 2010.

1. grouseguy

grouseguy 12 pointer

Just a change in my priorities ... I had come to hate banking ... actually that's not exactly correct, I had come to hate BANKERS and I was ready for a "lifestyle" career change that provided more "quality of life". I now have much more flexibility in my schedule with a lot less demands and stress. With my children grown and financially independent, I'd reached a point where chasing $$$ wasn't as important as maximizing the quality of what remaining years I have left and grousegal is very supportive of the new low stress grouseguy.

I'm sure you've heard the saying ... "No one on their deathbed ever wished they had worked MORE" ... well ... I've made a decision to NOT be the guy with those regrets, and I highly recommend it for others.

2. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    I'm sure you've heard the saying ... "No one on their deathbed ever wished they had worked MORE" ... well ... I've made a decision to NOT be the guy with those regrets, and I highly recommend it for others.

Like, bird dogs, the light comes on with some and don't with others. Sounds like your bulb is starting to glow. That's a good thing.

3. uplandchessies

uplandchessies 10 pointer

Mar 20, 2002
    Florence, Ky, USA.
    Agree with all you say here. Been doing the same since I turned 30.

4. predator

predator 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2006
    Leitchfield, Ky.

Congrats to you. I made sorta the same decision when I was 45 and sold out my Real Estate business, but certainly not to the degree you have. I really enjoy the construction business, especially since some of the financial restraints aren't as severe as they once were, you know what I mean. I take about a month's worth of vacation every year and would like to take more, but my 25 year old son wants to join the company. I said no when he got out of high school and I said no when he got out of college but he's been on the road working for someone else for the last couple of years and has really matured. We will see. Letting him come in could either allow me to spend more time hunting and fishing as you have done or vise versa. Time will tell.

Again congrats and good hunting. Also....."I've never saw an armour truck in a funeral".