North Dakota

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by redjackson, Dec 12, 2020.

1. redjackson

redjackson 8 pointer

Dec 4, 2010
    Barren County
    My old man is knocking on 70 and want to go on one good guided duck/goose hunt. He has pond hunted with me some, Sloughs and finally got drawn for Ballard. Do any of you all suggest anyone? Would like to take him on a trip north but not stuck on just ND. Im a novice at best myself thats had decent luck with him but would love him to have a good destination hunt. Appreciate any ideas.

gung and Giveem3outdoors like this.
  2. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 8 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Can’t help with North Dakota but if he enjoyed his time at sloughs, he’ll be happy anywhere.

Joking aside, I hope you guys have a great trip with blacked out skies.

redjackson likes this.
  3. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Flooded green timber is the apex. Take him to Arkansas now. Next year may never come.

4. BIGBONE

BIGBONE Spike

Sep 6, 2011
    nky
    If your looking for a top of the line outfit give Megan a call at Flatland Flyways in hecla South Dakota. We have been going out there for the last 5 years and they never disappoint. Great accommodations and the food is the best you will ever have anywhere. Most down to earth great people you will meet. 1 (605) 281-0860

Giveem3outdoors and redjackson like this.
  5. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Have you drawn license 5 straight years? If so tell me your trick cause I've drawn once every 3 years in the last 8. I'll draw next year with 2 pts.

6. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    North Dakota is easy. Literally pick an area with potholes. Call a restaurant/store in that area and ask for hunting lodging #'s. Take a trailer full of gear. Hunt till noon and scout for 3-4 hours or so after that. Then return to camp, clean birds, eat rest and do it all over again. If you can't kill em in the the potholes up there you can't kill em anywhere.

7. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    Northern IL goose hunt 3 a day now. Lot closer drive set in a nice heated pit. Just a idea. Bunch outfits above I80