Noodling Success

predator

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2006
Leitchfield, Ky.
Rough River has been high, so we've been delayed a couple of weeks, but we got these 10 Tuesday afternoon in about 4 hours. Biggest one is around 35#. Young Coley hooked his first fish that evening. The biggest we've gotten this season has been 57#. We are not finding as many fish as we have in years past but the ones we have found are really aggressive. They will bite, hand, hook, foot or anything else that gets close to them.

DSCN0138.jpg

Hawse

Fawn
Aug 28, 2006
TN
If you're not finding as many as in years past, then why don't you keep just one or two and let the rest go?

predator

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2006
Leitchfield, Ky.
If you're not finding as many as in years past, then why don't you keep just one or two and let the rest go?

Are you serious.

That's kinda what I thought killer, but in the spirit of good sportsmanship I'll try to address his question.

(1) Most of the fish are snagged with shark hooks, most of our holes are too big to handgrab so they would probably die if we let them go.

(2) There is a better than 50/50 chance that any unharmed fish we released would be caught by someone else in a day or two.

(3) And finally, in trying to do our part to conserve the resource, and in all honesty, age and work commitments have alot to do with this, we have cut down the number of times we go during the season. We use to catch just over a 100 fish a year, now we catch under 50. But when we do go, we want to put the meat in the boat. That little guy on the right in the white shirt is a Baptist minister, and those Baptist sure like their fish frys.

Last edited:

wademup

12 pointer
Feb 5, 2004
benton, ky, USA.

Sounds like you have bassitis,it makes people catch fish just to look at or kiss em,I say fry them baby's up and go get some more,and yes us Baptists do love our fish fry's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ptbrauch

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2004
The OC
The regs were put in place for a reason. If you're not exceeding the regs, have at it. If it makes anyone feel better, you can get a few of those fish for me and keep them for yourself--'cause I can tell you that I won't be sticking my hand in any holes for anything like that anytime soon.

pentail

Bacon
Staff member
Sep 25, 2002
Savoring the smoke
The regs were put in place for a reason. If you're not exceeding the regs, have at it. If it makes anyone feel better, you can get a few of those fish for me and keep them for yourself--'cause I can tell you that I won't be sticking my hand in any holes for anything like that anytime soon.

wimp:cool: