Noise on cable guard bar/glide

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by kybuckbuster, Sep 7, 2015.

1. kybuckbuster

kybuckbuster 6 pointer

Jun 14, 2009
    Louisville, Kentucky
    OK, whenever I begin to drawl my bow I am getting some noise from the cable guard bar and, more specifically the cable guard glide. It almost appears that the glide is putting to much pressure on the bar and it isn't sliding as smoothly as it should. Should I just put a lubricant on the bar so that the glide moves on the bar with less friction? Btw, if I'm not using the correct terminology....it's the white piece!
    image.jpg

2. bearleft

bearleft 6 pointer

Mar 16, 2014
    La Grange KY
    Clean it with a little soap and water. No wax or oil, it can make it chatter. Some dry graphite,or rub a pencil long ways on the cable rod should eliminate any noise. Get someone to add a twist or two to your string to get your peep rotated around. ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  3. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I've got a cable guard identical to that on my bow ... with exception not Teflon looking.... mine is black slide & carbon cable rod.

Right or wrong....and I've had many bows with cable slides... I've always used a little Bohning Tex-Tite bowstring wax on the rod. Always seemed to keep it quiet on the draw. A little goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I had a bow with the same type cable guard. Actually, I had a couple of Ben Pearson's like that. As JD suggested, the bow wax works great.... But be wary, in COLD weather, that doesn't work as hot....

5. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I've had issues in the cold when we had metal cable rods on bows... but on this bow with the carbon fiber rod.... I've hunted late season cold with no issues.

May have been lucky though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    the camo dip creates more friction than a bare rod. some type of dry lube should work fine.