No wind is bad wind in hot weather

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by B Hicks, Sep 11, 2013.

1. B Hicks

B Hicks 12 pointer

Sep 29, 2006
    Lancaster, KY
    Just saying..... Scentlok in bags. Dressed in field. Showered with scent control product. Young buck in no problem. He leaves. 30 min later deer states snorting 60yards away what should be be upwind, but no noticeable current yet. Runs off blowing Big bodied deer. End of morning hunt

If only I had ozonic

Looking forward to 10mph west wind this evening.

2. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    Hot weather and the words light & variable! The worst of hunting conditions.

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Spike

Aug 26, 2013
    That's why the big ones get big!!!

4. predator

predator 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2006
    Leitchfield, Ky.
    I just started using one and I'm not sold on it yet! Me and a few doe's had a moment opening morning. They couldn't figure out what was going on but they sure knew something wasn't right! I learned the hard way the battery needs to be charged after every hunt, mine was dead when I shot my buck Sunday afternoon.

5. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

Too hot for me yet. I moved a couple stands this morning in preparation for cooler temps this weekend, sprayed down b4 going in but by the time I was finshed I was sweating buckets. Hope we get a hvy rain to rinse my scent out of the woods. Hats off to u guys that can take the heat.

6. tyshe17

tyshe17 12 pointer

May 4, 2007
    This breeze is nice. I've hunted 4 evenings now and this is the first with a nice consistent breeze. Hope the buck that was in here at 7 this am comes back...

7. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Ah... another falls victim to excessive b*** s****

Why don't you guys just wait until this weekend when it's 20 degrees cooler?

8. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Fell a flood here in adair county and temps dropped. I got all excited but its rumbling thunder again and its humid as he!!!

9. tyshe17

tyshe17 12 pointer

May 4, 2007
    I plan on hunting then too. Too many stands not enough time.