No right to carry concealed weapons in public

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wildcat, Jun 9, 2016.

1. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
  2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Yes this is not good. I'm starting to think these mass shootings are some type of conspiracy to disarm the entire country, police and military too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    That's exactly what I was just thinking.

I'm thinking someone planted those firearms in there for the shooter. How could you get into a night club with a long gun?

4. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    Now they are saying there are 50 dead and 50 also being treated at hospitals. It was a gay night club that allowed no guns. Just a target rich environment for some whacko with bad intentions.

5. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I find it rather strange that this country, under Obama, has had more mass shooting then all former president combined. It does sound like a conspiracy to disarm our country, while Criminals and those Powers-that-be will always have firearms to use against an unarmed society.

6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I'd say the majority of the people that were injured or killed in this terrorist attack were killed by the bomb blast and not gun fire.

7. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I've always believed that a person intent on doing others harm will use whatever means necessary. If it's not a firearm it will be explosives, arson,knives , clubs even automobiles plowing pedestrians on crowded streets .

It's a futile effort to think removing / banning any one thing will have an effect as all it does is to resort to other means.

Which I'll easily say Trump or Hillary both scare the hell out of me equally. Which I'm as pro-gun as anyone on this forum. I like many come November will probably cast a vote for the lessor of the two evils based on my beliefs including a bias toward the one supporting our 2nd Amendment rights.

But my biggest fear it won't be enough. As like we as hunters are a minority ...the same can be said concerning supporting firearms.

Which like most on here... we have a bond. We were raised as most rural kids around firearms ..introduced at at young age and seemingly having a knowledge / grasp on the issues. But outside of our part of the world ...most don't have a clue. They buy into media , social media .. ect. They think bad things happen because of the existence of guns.

It's a sad state of affairs that we direct our votes because of one single issue that we hold priority on. But it's what things have evolved to ... and in part what's wrong with this country.

But I do have a fear it's not going to be enough come November.

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk

8. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County

You're right, but the sad thing is that come November there will be people on here who will do one of the following..........they will stay at home and not vote because they don't like Trump, or they will think they're being cute by writing in the name of their dog or cat, or else they will vote for Hillary. Any of those three things can, and probably will result in the election of Hillary Clinton and spell the beginning of the end of our Second Amendment rights. Now, those people laugh at those of us who question them on being pro-gun, and ridicule us, call us names, and tell us that we're nothing but hypocrites. I hope they're the first to have their guns taken away.

9. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Not likely. In ky our votes don't count for much individually.

If you lived in Florida,North Carolina, Ohio or Pennsylvania an individual vote might mean something.

10. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    I'm not a huge Donald fan, although I'll admit many of his policies sound damn refreshing. What I will be doing this November, is coloring that little oval next to Trump's name in the voting booth.

And, honestly, I won't have to hold my nose near as tightly as I have the last three times I was there. Slobear is right. If you give the slightest damn about gun rights, you'll vote for Trump. I'll say this much. If you're a veteran and you vote for the Hildebeast, you have violated your oath.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Near 70 years old and have heard the same song and dance from some all those years, yet have not seem to lose any guns like I have been told thousands of times will happen.

12. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    This is true ( as sad as it is )
    Ky has never influenced the outcome for the race to the WhiteHouse.
    the swing states will decide.
    Voting will get you complaining rights, but realistically not much else.

13. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I guess you don't talk to anyone from New York much, do you?

14. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Last I looked I did not live in New York how about you ? I have heard for years the words states rights yet when it comes down to those states rights just like other things as long as I control your states rights leave mine alone. Sound like one political party over the others ?

15. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    You can thank the NRA for that.

The anti-gun people sure as heck have tried with thousands of anti-gun bills that failed to pass Congress.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016