No reason to work

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wildcat, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Your profile says you are 20 years old.
    Does "Oops!" come to mind?
    Screenshot_20211130-161929_Adblock Browser.jpg

2. You can’t legislate away the law of supply and demand. The only way to make a decent living I know of is to work your ass off for it.

3. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    He has the little coward lurking and liking his posts. Could it be another GWP?

drakeshooter likes this.
  4. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Well yes you can and our food supplies are completely controlled. Have you not heard of farmers getting calls saying to cut down X amount of acres of crops and to do it until they call back. They are watching from satellite and have them do it during surplus years.

5. You can’t legislate away the law of supply and demand and you’re a retard if you think otherwise. So congrats retard mfer. Sick of everyone of you gaslighting idiots. F off.

aaronc and barney like this.
  6. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Agriculture adjustment act

7. Jmd

Jmd Spike

Sep 26, 2016
    Just wait till the Build Back Better plan gets passed and 6.3 million illegals get added to the welfare plan. Talk about getting screwed as a tax payer.

8. Little FR

Little FR 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    Nah I’m gonna denounce my citizenship and live the good life. Hunt, fish, draw a check or two, live rent free and vote by mail.

cedar creek likes this.
  9. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    The "fight for $15" movement has quickly turned into I wouldn't get out of bed for $15. Everyone is hiring and at record high wages. Still can't fill positions.

Feedman, pead, xbokilla and 1 other person like this.
  10. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Us retired guys have not seen any increase in our Social Security. What happen to C.O.L.A's (Cost of living adjustment) which is suppose to increase with inflation and cost of living.

xbokilla likes this.
  11. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Number of people on unemployment is pretty low right now ( 4.6% ). The millions that got caught up in the Essential-Non Essential worker thing in 2019 have lost their unemployment benefits and extras. Many retired or are trying to be retired ( myself included ). There is a child tax credit available if you have dependent children, thank the Dems for that. The Labor Participation Rate however is very low ( 61.2%ish ) THIS is where all of your so called lazy moochers are hiding BUT they aint getting unemployment!!! There are other forces at work here, the lazy MFers collecting government handouts no longer holds water. This is a great resource for quick gov info. ( sorry no stick figures just graphs! ).

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

barney likes this.
  12. baknblack

baknblack 12 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    I think it's coming in Feb so, maybe on the check you get in March. 6.8 or 6.9 percent but, Medicare increases will take half of it and, 6 percent is way less than the inflation rate anyway.

13. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    I think both of you are right! Drake the Law of Supply and Demand is what it is. But we do have current examples of GOV control of supply, Pipelines for example, Fracking, Drilling on Federal lands buggered up supply chains.

14. You can’t legislate away the law of supply and demand. You can’t, you just can’t. Doesn’t work that way.

Example, I was a c-store manager several years ago during the last forced minimum wage hike. Corporate immediately froze all performance raises, then began a methodical increase in every candy bar, stick of gum, soda pop, pack of smokes, etc, until the bottom line was back where it was before the forced wage hike. Everybody paid more including the minimum wage employees and in the end company profitability was returned to the same or approximate level pre forced wage hike. Consumers paid for the hike, nullifying the forced wage hike until equilibrium was once again reached. After awhile when the bottom line was back to good they reinstated performance raises. That’s how it works in the real world, business owners will not eat increased expenses they pass them on to the customer. Commonsense 101. You can’t and never have been able to legislate away the economic law of supply and demand. The law is at work in price of goods and services as well as in labor.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Feedman, Nock, barney and 1 other person like this.
  15. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I'm with Drake I think for the most part,..the natural law always exist. If it is manipulated by Gooberment it will un-naturally effect prices one way or another...but the underlying principle is there and isn't going to change.

barney and Gforcetrivers like this.