No reason to work

Wildcat

12 pointer
Jan 7, 2002
Ledbetter, Ky.
"Consider an unemployed single parent with two children. Through a combination of welfare-style programs, he or she can collect more than $3,700 per month in government benefits for at least half the year (and until the fall could make even more over 12 months). At an annualized rate, that's nearly $45,000 a year for someone who's staying home rather than returning to work. It's nearly three times the earnings from a full-time minimum-wage job and more than the median American job pays.

This money is made by stacking the benefits from just four welfare and tax-credit programs. (Other state and federal programs can make welfare even more generous.) The largest source is unemployment insurance, which is usually paid weekly for 26 weeks. These payments alone can bring in nearly three-quarters of a minimum-wage income. Benefits were even more generous earlier in the pandemic when the feds offered a $600 and then a $300 weekly bonus for remaining unemployed."

[/URL]

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
"Consider an unemployed single parent with two children. Through a combination of welfare-style programs, he or she can collect more than $3,700 per month in government benefits for at least half the year (and until the fall could make even more over 12 months). At an annualized rate, that's nearly $45,000 a year for someone who's staying home rather than returning to work. It's nearly three times the earnings from a full-time minimum-wage job and more than the median American job pays.

This money is made by stacking the benefits from just four welfare and tax-credit programs. (Other state and federal programs can make welfare even more generous.) The largest source is unemployment insurance, which is usually paid weekly for 26 weeks. These payments alone can bring in nearly three-quarters of a minimum-wage income. Benefits were even more generous earlier in the pandemic when the feds offered a $600 and then a $300 weekly bonus for remaining unemployed."

[/URL]
Exactly the reason there is a worker shortage!!! If things don't return to normal (pre-pandemic) our economy will decline and our taxes will increase!!!

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.

[/URL]

Yep. Intentionally making people dependent on them (government demons). But wait until they pull the plug on them (economic collapse)...watch the "fun" begin. Find out in the Scriptures what mothers "feasted" on when Jerusalem was 'cut off'.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Don’t have to tell me anything. If it weren’t for the benefits and retirement, we wouldn’t be able to hire any support staff (cooks, custodians, bus drivers, etc…) in the schools right now. Most could sit on their butts and make more as stated.

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.
Amish work ethic trumps hypochondriac nation
November 29, 2021

Pittsburgh, PA — “It’s a worse thing to quit working than dying. Working is more important than dying. But to shut down and say that we can’t go to church, we can’t get together with family, we can’t see our old people in the hospital, we got to quit working? It’s going completely against everything that we believe. You’re changing our culture completely to try to act like they wanted us to act the last year, and we’re not going to do it,” said Calvin Lapp, an Amish Mennonite.

More: https://thelibertyloft.com/2021/11/29/amish-work-ethic-trumps-hypochondriac-nation/

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
Casey county has a Very Large Amish and Mennonite community. I used to take Starters and alternators to a Mennonite fella who had a large business, for repair.
He QUIT last month. He told me he couldn't get Help and was tired of doing it all himself.
Well, maybe they some lazyass ones in that Cult too.

GodblessKy

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2021
mason co
Once wages catch up with inflation our tax dollars wont be spent subsidizing employers payroll. And hopefully once the social programs take affect and their is some public health option the employer wont be stuck with supplying insurance and can afford to pay their employees a living wage so the tax payer wont have to.

PUBLIC RAT

10 pointer
Feb 18, 2014
Once wages catch up with inflation our tax dollars wont be spent subsidizing employers payroll. And hopefully once the social programs take affect and their is some public health option the employer wont be stuck with supplying insurance and can afford to pay their employees a living wage so the tax payer wont have to.
If wages catch up with inflation minimum wage will be around $20+ for a fast food job. See these jobs all the time, start $14. Who can buy that. For years fast food workers wanted $15 liveable wage they say. Now it's there they don't want to work.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Q: What would happen if every American got a check next week for 300k?
A: Within a year, costs of goods would offset that this stimulus payment, and we would be exactly where we are today.
Given that you agree, then admit what you prefer is if only those who made under ~60k were given a check for 300k.
If you agree with that, lets just get to brass tacks. You are a thief. You want to take from me (more taxes). If you are such a good hearted person get off your ass and work hard to get a lot of money and resources to people that need it rather than expecting others to be more generous with their resources while you do nothing (outside of bitching about how unfair everything is). I paid over 100k in taxes last year, thats life changing money taken and wasted. What more do you want from me? How much are you contributing comrad? If i stole 100k from you and wanted more, look me in the eye and tell me you wouldn't hate me, or have a violent reaction.

Last edited:

GodblessKy

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2021
mason co
I see you point. but I think if you make less than $400k then you will not be taxed- thats what they say anyway. And if that is not true I would rather give my money to the bottom feeders that the fat hogs because I think its more likely to trickle up than down- You give the bottom feeders money and they spend it the same day and it goes directly back into the economy. my opinion and life experience growing up with trickle down economics the past 30yrs.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Q: What would happen if every American got a check next week for 300k?
A: Within a year, costs of goods would offset that this stimulus payment, and we would be exactly where we are today.
Given that you agree, then admit what you prefer is if only those who made under ~60k were given a check for 300k.
If you agree with that, lets just get to brass tacks. You are a thief. You want to take from me (more taxes). If you are such a good hearted person get off your ass and work hard to get a lot of money and resources to people that need it rather than expecting others to be more generous with their resources while you do nothing (outside of bitching about how unfair everything is). I paid over 100k in taxes last year, thats life changing money taken and wasted. What more do you want from me? How much are you contributing comrad? If i stole 100k from you and wanted more, look me in the eye and tell me you wouldn't hate me, or have a violent reaction.

If you did that, there would be so many overdoses… it just might work out. At least around here.