No one wants to just hunt anymore

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
I'm glad someone else has said it too... I recently lost sight, due in part, to botched surgeries. I used hunting as a way to get food on a fixed income (I'm a disabled veteran)Candy to just relax and enjoy nature. I can't do EITHER anymore because of the way the guys/gals that watch a couple of shows and thinks it's cool. I'm not gonna get out there and take a chance hurting or killing someone because I can't see and they're uneducated.

Perhaps consider acquiring a camera with a zoom lens, so that you can continue to enjoy getting out in the woods and shooting. You may come to find it rather similar, and just maybe even more challenging.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Is it just me or does it seem like that most hunters just want the spot to kill trophy deer.
Every one that has asked me about hunting , the first question is there trophy deer there 140" or bigger.
They all seem to want a guarantee that they will have success of killing that monster of a lifetime deer . I don't know of any one who can guarantee a successful trophy kill.
Doesn't anyone want to just go into the woods and hunt?

This is an excellent thread, full of passion and various perspectives. Due to such, since registration, I have read it twice. Thank you.

Michigander

8 pointer
Dec 8, 2014
Radcliff
I hunt for meat. Sure love to kill a nice buck but not required. This year I have taken a 9 point and 2 does so far. Hope for a couple more does before end of year

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I hunt for meat. Sure love to kill a nice buck but not required. This year I have taken a 9 point and 2 does so far. Hope for a couple more does before end of year
I hunt for sport and meat . I do let all doe's walk so they can make more babies . I let some small bucks walk so they can grow a little bigger.
I like to clean a good size body deer.

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
I enjoy hunting as much as I ever did. Like when I was a kid. But as you get older you don't hunt as much as you did as a kid. So now I hunt when I want to. Except the Duck hunting. I will try and hunt Ducks every day. I still hunt for that trophy Buck. If one don't show that I want I will take a Doe. If I get a Buck I want Does are safe. We only eat one Deer a year. I enjoy taking pictures of wildlife to. Often take camera to places while hunting.

BlueGrassVW

6 pointer
Mar 17, 2007
Where the blacktop ends
If you can't post it on Instagram or til tok then what's the point? Most people are infected by their mobile devices. Next time you pull up to a stop light look around to see how many people immediately pick their phone's up. I bet a lot of good deer get accidentally passed because people are glued to their phones. If you aren't going to the woods to allow your brain some reprieve from the modern world then what's the point?

coach&hunt

6 pointer
Dec 17, 2013
Kentucky
I love just hunting, we done late season deer drives in Ohio last week, and we were all doe hunting, had a blast, we seen some bucks and had tAgs. But Weren’t all Caught up in it.

Jmd

6 pointer
Sep 26, 2016
Just like watching the sunrise and seeing what the woods has to offer. You will too when you get up in age.