No luck Saturday.

Amanda

Fawn
Mar 29, 2016
Daviess County
I didn't see or hear any turkeys Saturday. Stayed from 4:30am when I set up, and gave up around 10am. Heard 1 shot, and one death gobble. Gonna try a different spot Monday. Maybe take up someones offer to go with them in NKY. No giving up.

Amanda

Fawn
Mar 29, 2016
Daviess County
I didn't see the turkey or shoot at him, I just heard someone near me shoot and this sound like a dying bird. Looked on the harvest record and one bird did get taken down were I was. I'm assuming that's the one I heard.

turkeyhunter91

12 pointer
Apr 3, 2007
Hang in there, its all about finding the right bird. If you can find one lonely and looking things can happen quick. Good luck the rest of season

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
I agree turkeys dont make noise when there shot. Likely a shock gobble from a nearby bird

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
If they gobble around here it's a death gobble! Heard coyotes howling at 7am this morning. I hunt coyotes but the next guy over doesn't kill what he don't eat.

I heard 10-12 different gobbles this morning three close but they all met up with a friendly hen quick. Try to hunt on the highest ground you can, toms still getting responses around here.

hunt4him

6 pointer
Dec 6, 2010
Amanda, I'm glad that you are sticking with it, especially since you are chasing them with your bow. I know it may be hard to stay out for a long time, but sometimes the best activity is from 10am until 1pm. If My daughter wasn't so tied up in her wedding plans right now, I would be willing to invite you to join us. She took her first bird last year on opening day. Good luck and keep us posted on your adventure!

Amanda

Fawn
Mar 29, 2016
Daviess County
Amanda, I'm glad that you are sticking with it, especially since you are chasing them with your bow. I know it may be hard to stay out for a long time, but sometimes the best activity is from 10am until 1pm. If My daughter wasn't so tied up in her wedding plans right now, I would be willing to invite you to join us. She took her first bird last year on opening day. Good luck and keep us posted on your adventure!

Thank you! I went out again today, from about 10am to 1pm actually. Saw a hen, but still no luck. I'm going back out later in the week to the same spot and trying again. I think I just found them too late and it was just too damn hot.

Latest posts