No comments on this week's football game?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Tim T, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Can't believe nobody has started a thread on the UK/U of L game this Saturday.

2. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    Who cares! It's basketball season. [emoji83]

3. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Basketball, that thing that bridges the gap between bowl games and the start of spring football practice? :D

4. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    That show on KRD at 7am said Kelley was gonna get fired over it...

5. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County

And that is what is wrong with UK football.

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Best post of the year!!!!!

7. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    It's basketball season and UK football sucks again as usual. They appear to be headed in the right direction but it's a much tougher road playing in the SEC. Therefore no one cares.

8. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Sorry, that excuse doesn't fly this year. The SEC east is weak and UK did not take advantage of that fact.

9. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    The SEC east may be weak but it's still the SEC. Most down SEC schools would be dominating in a lesser conference.
    There are currently two teams at 9-2 in the east with another two teams bowl eligible in a conference with some of the toughest schedules in college football.

Look at South Carolina. As much as I can't stand Spurrier, with a quality win over current #10 Georgia, three of his 5 losses were to:
    Currently ranked #20 Mizzou
    Currently #14 Auburn
    A currently unranked Texas A&M team whose only losses (4) have been to current top 20 teams (3 of which are currently top 10 and 2 of which are currently top 5.)

The same can be said for Florida. With a quality win over #10 Georgia, two of the four losses were to:
    Current #1 Alabama
    Current #20 Mizzou

Thats the kind of "down" year the SEC has. Sure it's down, but that don't mean it aint still tough as nails to get a win.

Strength of schedule:
    TN - #10
    Georgia #11
    Florida #15
    Mizzou #18
    Kentucky #21
    S. Carolina #27
    Vandy #43

Compare that to any conference other than the SEC west which shares a game with the east.

...and just to keep things on track, ULs strength of schedule is #45

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  10. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    As a light challenge and just for kicks and giggles. Name other teams from other conferences who could, in reality, go 12-0, 11-1, 10-2 or even 9-3 in the SEC? The SEC West?

Very few and Florida State isn't one of them. This year. I'd say Oregon might, I don't know about others. It's one thing to win ONE game against an SEC opponent. It's quite another to go through an entire SEC conference schedule.

Currently, currently it would be a bad idea for all other conferences for the playoff to be expanded to 8 or more teams. The cream that is the SEC will rise to the top.

And that's not an arrogant statement. It's just the way things are currently.

I forgot but probably Ohio State is a contender. That VT loss was huge killer for them but they even played pretty good in that game.

11. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Good post GGG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    What a bunch of crap. Mizzou has two losses, one of them to Indiana, which could be the worst team in Division 1 football. They cannot win in the Big 10, but beat Missouri. 'nuff said.

Here is something to ponder. If the SEC is so difficult, so blatantly better than everyone else, how are Missouri and A & M two of the better teams? They were NOBODIES in the Big 12 and are actually having better success in the SEC. Why is that?

13. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Patrick Towles doesn't like Louisville.

"Even the colorblind would know what this rivalry means to Towles, who said his first college offer was from Charlie Strong at Louisville, but the quarterback never even took a visit there."

The real reason he picked UK over Louisville was that he wanted to be at home during Christmas with his family instead of practicing for a bowl game!

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/11/25/3...=/99/268/&rh=1

14. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    I'm a Louisville fan and season ticket holder and I believe UK has a legitimate chance to win the game. They had a bye week so they were able to get some rest and get some people healthy, plus time to add some new wrinkles to their game plan. They also have a lot of motivation because they need the win to get bowl eligible.

15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Neither one of them are that good. Throw the wins and ratings out. They are playing to see who is the worst. With that in mind, I'd say UK does have a chance but who knows? Amazing a team can be playing for bowl eligibility when a mediocre TN team lights you up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk