No Baiting or Mineral/Salt Blocks

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Snareman2, Oct 12, 2021.

1. redlickranch

redlickranch 10 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    It was on KY Afield the other day. It was one of their shows that wasn't a Re-Run. I hope it doesn't go state wide.

2. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    On the bright side I should be able to retire sooner as I will be saving 30 bucks a weekend for corn. Also the raccoons are gonna be going on a diet too.

DKdriller, xbokilla and childersb24 like this.
  3. hunt

hunt 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2015
    The Berg
    One can only hope

4. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I don't suppose my Damcows will get any more Salt and Minerals? Maybe I could put up a Sign: No Deer Allowed.

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    May have to start frost seeding corn in Nov and Dec, see if it comes up in the spring.

6. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    I put out a lot of minerals and corn but I’d be happy if they banned both statewide. I really think it make hunting better overall. Everyone is doin it so much that it is almost a competition to see who can put out the most corn. Just my thoughts put a ban on both and see what happens. He’ll throw a ban on cameras as well. Be like it was when I was young which is fine by me.

Onthedge, DaveO, 3PointSlayer and 6 others like this.
  7. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    now that’s the funniest thing I’ve read all day

8. gettin bit

gettin bit Spike

Jul 14, 2017
    Woodford Co.
    If you thought Ky had big deer before wait until baiting is outlawed!

9. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I’m bout to that point to. Hell with it. It was funner in my younger years. My dad didn’t do that stuff. We hunted. Didn’t know what was there. We just hunted and was excited about it.

10. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    Exactly and I get where some would say hell they just old lmao but it was special not knowing what was there and honestly made you more into the hunt and your surroundings. Now with the bait and cameras it is just a different style of hunting. If they don’t ban I’ll keep doin what everyone else is doin but we would all prolly be happier if we went back to how we did it 30-40 years ago. Plus for the trophy hunters the challenge would just increase and be more big bucks. But at the end of the day if we can possibly keep CWD away we all need to do whatever it takes to do that. We are all blessed to have what we have here in KY.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  11. elkguy

elkguy 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2004
    If baiting were to be outlawed across the entire state, I bet it would have zero effect on harvest numbers. And regarding cameras, yes its cool. I used to hang sewing thread across trails back in the 80s just to learn which way a deer was traveling when on that trail. Some people will actually have to learn how to hunt, id tree species, learn natural food sources and the seasonality of each. The places that sell a lot of corn will hurt a bit.

12. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2013

I remember little string gadgets with a clock on them that once string was tripped the clock stopped. You put across a trail and wait.

man times have changed

riverboss and Campfire like this.
  13. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Lots of people will still put out corn even if baiting is made illegal.

Bowonly86, hotdog, mykizha and 2 others like this.
  14. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    There will be a lot that won’t stop.

Muzzy Moment and Carl like this.
  15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Luckily, where I hunt, I'm not aware of anyone else that bowhunts anywhere near.... If it happens, I'll definitely have to move some stands to "inner" travel routes, which will be more intrusive, but we will be fine.......