No Baiting or Mineral/Salt Blocks

Snareman2

12 pointer
Feb 25, 2007
I signed up for 15 years with the CREP program, this year is the last year. I’ll start putting out food plots like I used too.

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
Change is coming soon in this regards. Statewide. theres just no way around it IMO

It will change how many hunt myself included but will change a ton more than that. I myself don’t hunt over bait unless taking a kid but I bait and run cameras because it’s fun to see what’s out and about. I’m not skilled enough to run cameras to get a ton of deer pics without corn or bait.

I will miss the anticipation of checking cameras like it’s Xmas morning each time.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Change is coming soon in this regards. Statewide. theres just no way around it IMO

It will change how many hunt myself included but will change a ton more than that. I myself don’t hunt over bait unless taking a kid but I bait and run cameras because it’s fun to see what’s out and about. I’m not skilled enough to run cameras to get a ton of deer pics without corn or bait.

I will miss the anticipation of checking cameras like it’s Xmas morning each time.
Will have to put cameras on plots in "plot watcher" mode.........

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Special regulations pertaining to only these 5 counties now apply:

• Use of bait/feed, salt or minerals for wildlife is now prohibited.
  • Carcass tags are required on all deer in these counties (watch video).
  • Hunters must take deer to one of the check stations in the CWD Surveillance Zone during modern gun and muzzleloader seasons. (During archery, crossbow and special youth seasons, deer heads may be dropped off at Deer Sample Collection Stations--see below).
  • Deer transportation restrictions apply. For deer parts to leave the 5-county zone:
    • Meat must be de-boned
    • Skulls or skull-caps must be cleaned (brain and tissues removed)

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
Will have to put cameras on plots in "plot watcher" mode.........

I suspect that’s best that can do but it’s a far cry from producing same results and quality pics.

and I just got permission to hunt some big woods and was looking forward to going dead center and putting out corn abs a camera just to see what’s there etc. no chance I’d hunt it as way too far in etc but exciting to see nonetheless

I will be surprised if baiting isn’t limited next year and beyond shocked if all out banned the following year. I am lucky and have food plots etc and watering holes but know it will be a bad deal for many.

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
Salt licks and mineral sites. Surely the new rules I assume are coming will be no further baiting or putting out vs go clean up what you’ve had in place for mineral sites. If one had to go remove minerals that would be tough

Nock

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2012
Butler co
Salt licks and mineral sites. Surely the new rules I assume are coming will be no further baiting or putting out vs go clean up what you’ve had in place for mineral sites. If one had to go remove minerals that would be tough
I just wouldn’t put no more out. It will still be active for at least a year.

Latest posts