Night Vision Scope

bleedinblu05

Spike
Oct 27, 2011
Christian County
Hey all,

I frequent the Whitetail forum but figured this would be a better location for this question. I have a friend in another country who is wanting a night vision rifle scope with a laser. I'm trying to find him one, but not seeing any easy option. Is there a cheap option out there that would fit the bill??

Thanks!

bluegrassDan

6 pointer
Dec 17, 2008
Before you get into buying one for him, please read the ITAR regulations about exporting certain technologies out of the US. They bring some pretty steep jail time and fines if caught.

If you can export one, ATN is not bad for the price (you get what you pay for), but doubt they come with a laser, that would be an additional attachment.

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
The export restrictions are laughable. Anyone can just buy one from China where they're all made. I understand the intent of the restrictions but, it was written long ago and things have changed but, I still would not buy one and ship it out of the US.

bluegrassDan

6 pointer
Dec 17, 2008
After leaving the Army I went to work as a contractor for Marine Corps Systems Command, Ground Forces Program Office and the Joint Robotics Program Office. We learned the ITAR crap inside and out because of the restrictions on sending IP and Tech to even our own people in theater. I have seen what over zealous ATF/FBI and some other governent agents will do to make the bust on somethig as stupid as a red laser pointer you get at any office supply store. ITARS is not something to ignore if you like not having some dipshit dig into every facet of your life to find something they can use to cause you trouble. That being said, yes, most of it is a joke and written by legal aids doing favors for industry lobbyist with the intent on keeping the dollars here at home or keeping thier IP secure. The intent was good when they wrote most of it, you have to give them credit for that. It was nice to know when I was in country, the Madi Army was not running around sporting the newest body armor or some dude in the Korengal did not have a Romak PSL with a new Leupold scope pointed at your head.

Xeanene

Fawn
Apr 7, 2022
New Jersey
Hey all,

I frequent the Whitetail forum but figured this would be a better location for this question. I have a friend in another country who is wanting a night vision rifle scope with a laser. I'm trying to find him one, but not seeing any easy option. Is there a cheap option out there that would fit the bill??

Thanks!
Hi! I don't know is it still relevant for you - but recently I also was looking for high-quality and budget scope and found this https://tacticsfaq.com/monstrum-tactical-s330p-review/ - I'm running one on an ar15.
Their 3x prism scope is one of the better budget optics I've played with. Nice and clear. Not a trijicon, but it looks like a $250-300 optic, considering it sells for half that
smile.gif

It held up to recoil of a para FAL too.
The front focal scopes are pretty nice as well, considering there's virtually no other budget FFP scope on the market yet.
I don't think there will be problems with shipping it to him, I guess there is such option at popular marketplaces

Latest posts