NIGHT TIME HUNTING FOR Predators.

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Austin, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Hagan34

Hagan34 Spike

Jan 11, 2012
    Lexington, KY
    OK so I didnt read all 12 pages but here is some ideas that I have. Night Predator hunting is legal here in Colorado, however to do so you must contact the DOW Officer for your area and let them know the location you will hunting in, so if they get any calls that night they already know or at least have an idea of whats going on. I can see with the limited Public land in KY,something like less then 8% IIRC, why this could be an issue.

I personelly would like to see night hunting for predators in ky, just makes sense to me. But there would need to well define laws and regulation governing it.

also a lot of the guys here that night hunt also do so with suppressors, its more friendly to those not out and about.

2. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    Who would want to pay the 200.00 tax on having a suppressor, Plus the cost of one alone? Which were some more B/S regs made up for what they called gangster guns. Guess how many criminals paid the tax? 0 This is similar to the reasons some of the HUNTERS are using as their reason for not having night time hunting. When you start including things that people may and will do illegally you are only hurting yourself in the long run. I should not be given the priveldge to hunt coyotes when they are more active (night) because someone might cut a fence, or someone might shine a light in someones window, or someone might shoot livestock. This is the biggest bunch of chickenshit excuses that I have ever heard. Your reasoning resembles gun laws that are in place now. And who does those affect? Certainly not the criminal.

3. 22-250

22-250 Banned

Jan 13, 2012
    KY
    I vote no to night hunting...but just because it's not legal doesn't mean people won't do it anyway. People drive in my fields all the time....they are not on a site seeing tour at 10:00 pm.

4. Hagan34

Hagan34 Spike

Jan 11, 2012
    Lexington, KY
    I never said that you should have to use a supressor I just made the coment that some do to be more friendly it all. I dont think that having to buy another licnce is the way to do it either. the whole point of having a legal season for these animals its to help control their numbers. if you make it more of a pain in the @ss and more expensive no one will bother.

Idaho started a Wolf season this year to help reduce the number of wolfs that are completly wrecking the elk and deer, not to mention fox, coyote, and livestock numbers. out of state tag for a wolf $32.75! why cuase they want people to come hunt them. Montana on the other hand wants people to hunt but they want to make money off you to do so. $350.00! I can tell you I'd go to Idaho before I'd go to Montana

5. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    Thanks for resting my case 22-250. The morons that screw it up for honest Joes like you and me dont follow rules anyway.
    So why should I be penalized for their disrespect.
    I also respect yours and every landowners position on not allowing it. Although if it were legal and you didnt want me in your field at night.
    I personally would respect your request. And wouldnt be there. Although there are some that would not.

Same way with gun laws. Just because criminals use them in a bad way. I have to pay the penalty of some B/S gun control law.
    Do the criminals?? I dont think so.

6. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    I am thinking about making a trip to ID. next year Hagan. Would love to kill one.

7. Hagan34

Hagan34 Spike

Jan 11, 2012
    Lexington, KY
    Me too been trying to get couple of the hunters at work to buy off on it. And make a pretty nice trip out of it. IIRC it was only about a 12 hr drive for us to get the area that had the most quotas

8. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    HEY YOTECHASER , sorry if i got ur undies in a twist i never intended to , im not against the night hunting for predators , not at all ,im just saying that u will always have a gun toteing farmer or upset deer hunter, that sees u going to your stand or shining a light and i garauntee u they will come to investigat what u r doing , and usually they are real mad and then things seem to always get worse from there cause they dont want to hear what u have to say, and most dont want to talk ,they want to argue , and if u r anything like me i cant take alot of argueing , again i apoligize if i offended u, i may be alot of things, but assure you my friend CHICKENSHIT is not one of them

9. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    No need to apologize brother. I respect everyones opinion........just maybe not their reasoning.
    I wasnt calling you or riverboss a chickenshit but the reasoning that all antis and bunny-huggers use to stop
    what we love best........hunting and shooting.

Thanks for your reply

10. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 10 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    wow..........

11. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    Looks like you speak from experience....

12. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    night time hunting for predators

yes i speak from experience usually the ones who complain or shoot up in the air are the ones who move from the city to the country ,buy 1 acre and think they own 1000 those were the ones who i had problems with , i have permissin every place i hunt and if my hound trees where its not supposed to be then i try to obtain permission to go get it

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  13. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    Haha, no im not from etown, I hunt in etown, the way you described the farmer and hunter wanting to argue, not talk blah blah... A guy cant make that much info up... Am I for night time hunting for yotes? No, ive been gettin it done mornings and evenings for a long time... Dont need spot lights...and you are right, posting from etown would make me a 10 year old childish kid....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  14. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    I don't see a problem with it. Why do people coon hunt at night? Because that is when coons are out. Coyotes are nocturnal animals also.

15. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

All those crazy reasons not to have it are why we lost it!! Or are you forgetting that part of the arguement? Our biggest enemy in this fight is the poacher and problems they cause now!!

And I have to agree with Dirtdog on some of these people we have to deal with. They are not country but think they own the whole country. And if a lot of these deer hunters actually spent some time watching deer instead of game camera's they might not be so uppity. My local amish are doing more damage to the deer hunting here than anything.And it is legal for them to kill that many deer as long as they buy the tags or own the property.

All animals are territorial and they stay within the bounds of those territories. The only thing that will move them is loss of habitat. Jimmie