NIGHT TIME HUNTING FOR Predators.

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Austin, Dec 26, 2011.

1. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    You keep putting words in my mouth and judging me. And you talk about me having lack of respect..
    I am not going to play ring around the rosie with you about this.

If every hunter, gunowner, fisherman, etc. had your point of view.......it would all be stopped....
    Do we take guns from law abiding citizens because there are so many school shootings??
    Do we stop all fishing because of disrespectful and drunk boaters?
    Do we stop all hunting because of accidental shootings and morons who continue to break the law.

I dont like to blaster a fellow on a keyboard because I think it is pre-school EDIT.
    But you are calling yourself an avid hunter and fitting the bill of all of the rest of the liberals who
    are cramping our very way of life now.

If you have lost livestock...I definately understand your concern. But does that make me disrespectful?
    I have hunted for over 35 years and have never killed any livestock, horses, or anything other than the game I was after.

You can come back with whatever you want, and you probably will since you seem to like the last word.
    And NO I dont like compromise as you can see from my signature. It is the very downfall of our Nation.
    Either do it right or dont do it at all......I am going to continue to hunt them either way.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

Atta boy! Bet they were dogs I messed up on before. Glad you busted them!

3. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Knock off the cussing. There is no need for it in this thread.

4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    if my ultra-liberal over regulated over taxed communist home state of Maryland allows night hunting for yotes (Oct-March), it should be legal anywhere. :) our rural areas are a lot more populated than Ky's, but then again, you can't hunt yotes, groundhogs or any small game on Sunday (private or public). this year, finally opened up a couple of Sundays where you could hunt deer. own your own acerage and want to hunt on Sunday, too bad, not happening legally.

5. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    Good point wildcat........Ask some of the MO. hunters about the "no light" night hunting....( actually I dont know that many who participate anymore)
    As I have stated in earlier post, I also want to get it started for feral hog hunting (not just coyote).. KY will let this problem
    get out of hand as most States have.....and most landowners will be begging hunters to eradicate them by any means necessary as this article explains.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/01/02/2013569/wild-pigs-on-the-rise-in-kentucky.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    An e-mail just received from Laura Patton today.........

I also looked into the Kentucky Afield magazine archive and found the earliest articles written about coyotes in the mid 1980s - coyotes began to arrive in the mid 1970s. So, I doubt there were any regulations then in place specifically regarding coyotes because of their relatively low numbers. You can however, if you wish, visit the Kentucky Legislature and request copies of older statutes and regulations. I visited them awhile ago and photocopied as far back as they had – which was the early 1995 as referenced above. I have not heard of any recent proposals to allow night hunting of coyotes or feral hogs since it was last brought up in 2010. I hope this information is helpful, thanks.

7. CSS archer

CSS archer BBBC Members

Dec 13, 2001
    Central KY
    The late '40s are the first coyote articles - pics I found in Happy Hunting Ground Magazines.

8. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    How many hunters actually knew about this? I dont ever remember seeing night time hunting for coyotes in the regs. I have only been hunting them for ten years give or take...But I really dont ever recall the ability to hunt them at night. Maybe this was before they were listed as furbearers......
    anyone got any info on this?

9. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Why do so many people think that coyotes are a problem? If you have a problem with them you can call the state and have a neusance officer come and take care of the problem,most will trap them for free when the hides are good and there work is slow and be glad to do it the only thing night hunting will do is make it easier for someone who doesnt want to learn how to hunt them kill more, is it all about the numbers you can kill in a year? I have the up most respect for coyotes and believe that they do more good than bad for the wildlife in Ky and i enjoy hunting them i wont hunt them in the spring because killing the young will just make the next year of hunting miserable you should try and manage them if you like to hunt them, you cant kill them all no matter how hard you try but you can make them so smart that the only way you will kill them is if you catch them out roaming around it doesnt sound like we have many coyote hunters posting on this thread just coyote shooters they are here to stay so why not enjoy the hunt and stop trying to make it sound like they are the devil, if you have a problem make the call and have someone who knows what he is doing help you with your problem they have a year round season just incase you have a problem and several options that wont cause feuds with neighbors and livestock owners without night hunting, because its not needed if we didnt have so many options avaliable i could see it being needed but i feel its just away for someone to brag about numbers because they cant kill them during the day or just think it would be cool to shoot them with a light. And it probably would be cool but i dont see myself ever doing it because i wouldnt feel safe doing it unless it was standing 10ft from me.

10. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

That's probably exactly why 41 states allow it. Good stuff.

11. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Chalk me up as a coyote shooter. I have no use for them other than erosion control...

12. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

That just made me laugh out loud.

13. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.

Call me what you like coyote hunter/shooter.....and I also leave them laying...But I pay for a hunting/fishing license every year....
    It has been amazing to read some of these responses.....I would expect responses like this if I were from CA. but this is KY.
    Do you have something against extra time afield (night)?? As I said I usually run over the carcass on my way out..........

But I am going to dedicate my next dog to you and have some slippers made for you out of the pelt....since you like them so much

kill em all

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  14. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Laugh all you want but there are alot of smart people who think coyote hunting is a great sport and get alot out of calling them, im feel sorry for you not being able to see that, i wear a size 12 shoe when and if you ever kill one, it must be sad to be such a smart guy on the computor but not be able to see the great hunting opertunity that you allready have. Ive never been called a bunny hugger ive killed everything under the sun and respected each animal as i did it! i guess i did it wrong but then again i guess im just not the man you are. I hope you have a great time trying to get the state to let you play rambo after dark.

15. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I feel about the same way you do about big deer hunting heck any idiot can kill them! And the ones who cant want antler restrictions. Everyone thinks the grass is always greener the world is full of fools aint it?