Night hunting for coyotes with a air gun .

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by hatsan125sniper, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm just showing the comparison between the shotgun and the air gun . The modern air guns pellet s fpe out 20 50 yards is way more than whats needed to kill a coyote and drop them in their tracks . There is no running off . You are a perfect example of someone that doesn't understand the how the air gun as evolved . Its not a toy any more they are adult weapons that can kill so they have to be treated as a center fire, rim fire or shotgun would . They are nothing like the red rider. So don't hand one to a kid and walk away . I;m not claiming any thing I post the link where they list the # 7 shot as going 300 yards . Just keep reading what I type I'm sure there is something about airguns I can tell you that you didn't know . I have been shooting a adult air gun since 1987 so I know a lot about them . Don't think for a second the airguns are not ethical and that they are only at a bare minimum to get the job done because that is far from reality. If you look into the fpe they produce you will see what I mean .

2. Okay thanks what forum would me wanting to get air guns legal to hunt coyotes at night and turkey during the day of course and find out if other people in the state would want to airgun hunt and be willing to contact the fish and wildlife and tel them to look into it ? I tried to get the high ups to start a section for airguns in the weapons section where it should be but the soup Nazi told me (no airgun section for you) .

3. I'm just pointing out that with a air gun your safer in the woods than you would be with a shotgun . Your 100 times more likely to get hit my a shot gun bb than s air gun pellet based on the shear number of bb's being fired at one time . So shooting a air gun at night at coyotes is a safer way to hunt because of the path and speed and fpe from the air gun .

let me ask you this ,have you ever been arrested for any reason ? Have you ever spent a night in the jail ? How many speeding tickets have you had ? Have you ever had a restraining order against you ? Has the police ever come to your house for any reason at all ? Answer me and I'll answer you . If you want to play a who's the better person game well lets do this . I hope I don't make you look like a criminal or something but you ask for it .

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Ok. Again your physics of gun safety is way off.

I’ve been arrested 3 times. Twice for disorderly conduct and once for AI. All three instances were basically bar fights. I have spent 2 nights in jail because I was not immediately adjudicated on 2 of the 3 charges I previously mentioned. The third arrest was kinda early in the day and I was processed out. I have had 3 speeding tickets. 2 that warranted a mandatory court appearance and one that resulted in a regular fine. Never had or needed a restraining order. I have not had the police called to my house for any reason that I can recall.

Are you a convicted felon?

Feedman likes this.
  5. My numbers are not off at all if you can prove I'm wrong then do it . I can show you how I got my number . I know ballistics and obviously you don't but I'm willing to show you the numbers again of both the shot gun shell and the air gun . I can show you the fps ,fpe . drop, and 20 other stats you want to see from the barrel to out to 400 yards

.OMG you are a criminal and a thug . looks like you lose , what a moron . You should have never played this game with your background .You are probable the worse criminal on this forum . I have only had 1 speeding ticket in my whole life and thats it . no other run in with the law and my ticket was dismissed when I proved the officer could not estimate my speed in the distance I stopped my car from where he was setting . He did not use a speed gun . I proved to the judge It was physically impossible for me to reach the speed he said I was going with in the two points . I proved that the officer was lying about the speed he said I was going and the judge agreed I was right . The police just didn't know who he was messing with . He walked out of the court room red faced . Kind of like you are now .

What is it with you do you think because airgun hunters want to use a airgun to hunt with instead of a shot gun they must be some sort of criminal like yourself ? You know if there is anyone on this forum that shouldn't be allowed to have a gun of any type it would be you . You got your answer and you look stupid in the process .
    Do you have any other questions that don't have anything to do with the topic ? It seems like thats the only thing you have to type about .

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  6. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    He showed you ED;) Can regular members post on this Live PD forum? just asking:)

Feedman, Capttrae and EdLongshanks like this.
  7. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Wow! There is no running off,
    Attention deer hunters!!!!! Get you one of these, in a larger deer approved caliber of coarse!
    It's the perfect weapon of mass destruction, I hope they don't make them in black, if they do the ar 15 will have to take a back seat.
    Isis probably has a order in on Amazon as we speak!
    Dude get a life and a psychologist your man crush on these things is unhealthy.
    Ed you old criminal you make Capone look like a choir boy.

1987 is the yr that true rifleman's 270 started his career in slaughtering coyotes with his Magnum piston air rifle.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  8. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    1. hatsan125sniper this is for you. I like shooting air guns but not ate up with them as you are. At this point you have came across like a Grave Plot salesmen pushing to sell us a plot in the ground. That we aren't ready for yet. Even if the make it legal for night or Turkey. I wont hunt with my air gun and probably 90% on here wont either. You are on here pushing the issue. You keep comparing stats on Pellet vs shotgun STEEL SHOT. Have you even been in a Dove shoot? Lead shot? Many a time a IDIOT shots a low Bird and lead shot hits you. At a 100 yards I have had whelps and it stings a little when it hits but never broke skin 6s or 7 1/2 LEAD SHOT. BUT Growing up with my 22 Cal pellet gun I was shot by a couple of stupid friends. Once about 80 yards he shot at me thinking it was funny. Pellet went into my back and had to be cut out at hospital. 2nd time I was 17 had the Pellet gun in my car up by the barn. Was in the field with Dad moving Cows. When another friend showed up. Seen the Pellet gun in my car. Thought how funny I will shoot at him and tell him im here. I was about 150 to 175 yards he shot hit me and pellet went thru my side into my for arm. So I don't buy your stats much. Even tho I like shooting my air guns. I don't care if there is a season or not because if it don't happen. I got guns that I can hunt with. Turkey day and night Coyote

2. Lighten Up Francis - YouTube
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Yep. Just as I suspected. You are Definitely an ex con. No wonder you have such an affinity for air rifles...the state won’t allow you the possession of a fire arm. I get it.

Winchester94 likes this.
  10. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    From reading his post I'm scared for him to own one!
    I'm going to tell my navy seal friends, Can you imagine the destruction these thing can hand out in the hands of a skilled shooter?
    Back in the day I was tough on sparrows with my bb gun but always ran when a grizzly came around!
    My how technology has progressed.

Capttrae and DH13 like this.
  11. I told you the only run in I have ever had with the law was 1 speeding ticket in Wise Virginia. I have never been arrested in my life . I have lots of center fire and rim fire guns and 1 12 gauge Smith & Wesson 1000 shot gun . I just like air gun hunting .
    DH13 I'm going to post a 10 gauge F shot ( F shot has 29, 22 caliber pellets in it ) . which is a 22 cal lead or steel size shot . There are 27 to 39 22 cal ball in one shell and they come out of the barrel at fps is 1350 fps .
    I'm going to post a comparison between that and a 22 cal from a airgun going 930 fps and 29 22 caliber pellets going 1350 fps . If you allow 29 22 caliber pellets going 1350 fps there is no reason to not allow a single 22 caliber pellet going 950 fps. I'm going to prove the pellets from the shot gun will go farther and have more fpe from out of the barrel till the hit the ground . So I can end this air guns are more dangerous because they can go farther myth . ballistics don't lie .

In Ky for night hunting coyotes you can use a 10 gauge with any shot size as long as its not a single slug . So that includes ball bigger than a 25 caliber pellet but I'm just going to show the stats for the F shot .

I don't know about you but if I was walking around in the woods at night and I had my choice of weapons I could choose a hunter to have to kill coyotes . I would pick the single 22 caliber from a air gun over a 10 gauge F shot .

And in my next post I will show you why . I have already looked up the fps of the shot and I know the pellets weight in both lead and steel .

The main reason the F&W don't want to use a single projectile is because of the distance they travel but they are going by a 22 cal rim fire fps and bullet weight not by a air guns ballistics .

I'm going to show everyone the ballistics from that F shot and show how much faster and how much more fpe the shots have over a single pellet shot from a 22caliber air gun .

It really stupid to not allow a single 22 caliber pellet being propelled by a air gun but allow 29 22 caliber pellets to be fired at one time going 1350 fps all in the same direction scattered from a barrel that not even rifles .

There is 100 percent change that not all the pellets fired from the F shot is going to hit the target that means there is a 100 percent change 22 caliber pellets are going to be flying through the air past the target and into the wood . But if you are using a single lower fps pellet that you are firing looking through a night vision scope there is a 100 percent chance your not going to miss the target meaning no pellet is going to be flying through the woods .

So its much safer to be in the woods if the hunter is using a air gun over a F shot or bigger fired from a shot gun . Now don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the shot gun it is what it is .

I'm just saying to the F& W people Don't not allow the air gun to be used at night for safety reasons because its 100 percent safer especially when you allow 29 22 caliber balls flying around all over the place at speeds of 1350 fps compared to a single 930 fps from a 22 caliber air guns pellets . It just does not make since to not allow it .

I just wish they would look at the air gun and do some comparisons and they would find out what I'm saying is true . My next post I will type out the stats . to prove to everyone just how much more dangerous the shotgun blasts are for surrounding hunters and homes and what ever is on the other side of the target . And remember the F shot is smaller than the 25 caliber shots that are allowed to be used by a shotgun . I think once I prove to everyone the shot guns pellets that would be coming at you or what ever is behind the target is far more dangerous in every way ,people will stop thinking the single pellet from a 22 caliber air gun is more dangerous that a shot guns blast of pellets .

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    hatsan You don't have to prove nothing to me. I own every thing from a BB gun to a 338 mag. And shot more weapons including chain mini guns. I have a 10 gauge I hunt waterfowl with. So don't tell me that. I don't hunt Dove with it a 20 gauge double there. You can fight F@W FOR YOUR HUNTS. But I don't think many here will help you on it. I plink with my air guns but not as much as my 17 HMR. You do your thing and we will do ours.

13. Well the problem I can't do my thing because they don't allow it and the reason they don't allow is makes no sense at all . They think the pellet from a air gun compares to a 22 lr and can cause damage for a long distance . I'm just going to show everyone that is not the case and its less dangerous than a shot gun using a F shot . Also I'm not doing this for you I'm doing it for people that want to hunt at night for coyotes with a air gun . If there is no one on this forum right now that is interested remember new members are sighing up every day and some of them might like hunting with a air gun and might want to hunt at night also . So if this is not for you please don't make useless comments on this thread just don't click on this thread its really that simple .

14. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Don't show everyone. Just show F@W they make the rules and laws. I think most of us here could care less.

15. I'm not doing this for people that could care less I'm going it for people that do care .
    It might just be me right now but new members are joining every day and some of them might want to hunt coyotes at night so this thread is for them . So unless you have something positive or helpful to add to this thread please just don't comment on it . If you think there is a good reason to not allow airgun hunting at night then post it but useless posts don't help anyone .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.