night hunting coyotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by basshunter9239, Dec 21, 2009.

1. basshunter9239

basshunter9239 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2009
    i work for the fish and wildlife and coyote hunting is a passion of mine, and i sat at work everyday hearing how comon people call and write into frankfort and get things changed ex. muskie size and position limit. i was thinking if alot of use predator hunters would get togther and make a few call and see what we could do to get coyote hunting a night legalized. i think that we all would like to see this happen and i fell that we could atleast try something. its better to give it your all and fall than to do nothing and complain . just an idea i have had for a few years and wanted to see if anyone else shared my views.

2. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    Sounds good to me
    Post a # and contact person to talk to and I'll Call

3. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Whats your name? A bunch of us may have a few questions that can be answered by you?:rolleyes::D:confused:

4. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

Give us a number and you will have them ticked off at you quick. I even tried to talk to my local commissioner about it and got no return calls at all. I believe in using all the tools we can get to keep coyote numbers down as much as possible.

I haven't even seen or heard any results about the poaching problem around here yet. And they fuss about coyote hunitng at night? Jimmie

5. basshunter9239

basshunter9239 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2009
    phill, i would rather not give out my name but i would be willing to answer ant question as best as i can.

6. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    If there was big money in it like there is for coon huntin we'd be huntin at night right now. Coons can be called in the daytime. Why can they hunt at night? Are they more responsible than us?

7. basshunter9239

basshunter9239 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2009
    i will get a few numbers and we will atleast stir things up and maybe get them thinking about it.

8. spears08

spears08 Spike

Nov 28, 2008
    Falls Of Rough, Kentucky
    post the numbers and I'll call them daily

9. Jarhead

Jarhead 8 pointer

Feb 20, 2005
    Allen co. Ky.
    Get me the #s and I'll call!

10. basshunter9239

basshunter9239 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2009
    so i have done some research today and you need to call your commisioner, so everyones will be diffrent, the thing you must remember is that they are going to say well spotlighting is illegal. so that hunting at night with a beam could be mistaking for spotlighting, so be prepared for a rebuddle, like well coon hunters use large brite lights that can shine just as far as most spotlights. and most scope mounted lights shine less that spotlights.
    a small idea i rattled off my head, but what i am saying is that they will try quickly to end the conversation so be ready with a comeback, so i would think about what you will say and come up with a legitment conversation before calling , a well thought of plain tomarrow is better than rambleing jibber today.

11. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    What happen here
    Never got anymore Info

12. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    How do we find out who our commisioner is? Why not insist that any light used for night hunting be restricted to one with a red lense?

13. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    Or a season from 1/31 until 3/15 most all deer have dropped there antlers and what problem would it cause anything would be a ++

Coon hunters have a night hunting season with a light and gun !!!!:(:(:(

14. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Coon hunters can't hunt year round. I don't want any season.

15. Cantmisum

Cantmisum 8 pointer

Why not at night on private property or with the land owner permission for those that do not own land.
    I would venture to guess the spot light is the reason. Because much of KY consists of so many hills and hollows. Picking up the light as in the point of kill when coon hunting will give your position away to anyone interested in where you are located. One flatter ground areas you give up your position and more accessible to the warden for there interest and protection.

But If I am on my land NoOne should have Eminent Domain over me or who I choose to let hunt .:cool: