New to the area

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Evan Rhodes, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Evan Rhodes

Evan Rhodes Fawn

Nov 26, 2018
    Vine Grove
    Good evening guys, I am new to the Hardin County area. I have been doing some research on yellowbank wma. I’ll be hunting alone for the most part on my days off through the week. Just curious if it’s hard to navigate the traffic. I know some public land waterfowl spots can be pretty hectic at times.

2. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    I don't know a thing about yellowbank. But days off during the week is forsure a plus. Good luck to ya.

3. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Most places you need some type of a boat there. Hunt the slews and crannies off the Ohio River.

4. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    They did have some flooded fields that you can walk in to and I’m guessing they still do this year. You will have company I’m sure but during the week will be better. Don’t expect great things but I know guys that kill a few sometimes. Your best bet is to stop at the headquarters and just ask what all is being done for this year. The guy in charge is Ryan Taylor and seems to be a good guy.

5. Evan Rhodes

Evan Rhodes Fawn

Nov 26, 2018
    Vine Grove
    Tha
    Thank you sir for taking the time to reply. I’m going to at least give a shot a couple days.

6. bigpuddin43

bigpuddin43 12 pointer

Feb 21, 2007
    bucktown
    yeah stop at the office and talk to ryan there are good spots. well there used to be some really good spots but I bet foot traffic has tripled in the last three years. gotta get there early and dont waste your time on opening weekend. wait till january when some of the people have given up.