new set up is awesome

Discussion in 'Crossbow Forum' started by Just1odd6, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Just1odd6

Just1odd6 Fawn

Apr 19, 2017
    Waddy KY
    I recently went to Curtsingers and got my crossbow tuned and a new scope put on.
    Curtsingers is awesome and they do great work. Bow tuned, new scope, and sighted in for $45. That's amazing!
    New Set up...TenPoint Rangemaster ProScope, switched to Tenpoint Center Punch Arrows, and added Mussy Trocar Hybrid 125 gr broad heads. What a deadly combination! I increased my arrow weight(and quality) and broad head weight to give me a better FOC which is deadly accurate and packs a punch as well. Slowed down the speed slightly, but still going approx. 320 fps.
    That Rangemaster scope is crystal clear and the Mussy Trocar Hybrids fly like a field point while slicing over a 2 inch hole.
    I can say my crossbow is set for my Elk Hunt and if I miss its not because of the crossbow.

2. Sounds great,bust a big one.I am going to buy a good crossbow,just don't want to spend more on one than a real good rifle,good luck,be safe

3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Curtsingers are some good folks! Your setup sounds good. Good luck!

4. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I'm in the same boat this year at least recovering from elbow surgery. I don't have a clue about xbows but it seems they are all pretty good these days like compounds. I'd like to have a quiet of one as possible, nor worried about 400fps. Also light and compact as possible for treestand hunting.

Junglekat likes this.
  5. my elbo is messed up,need to go to dr ,it will be surgery

Munson likes this.
  6. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I had Rollins do mine in Mt sterling. I had no idea the elbow would be such a process. It's more like shoulder rehab with all the nerves and connecting muscles there. Dang sure isn't like a run of the mill broke arm back to work when the cast comes off. I'm still lacking about 15 degrees from full extension but it seems/feels like I've hit a wall. Haven't even started any muscle building yet. I wish I could say it's all peachy but I'm just shootin ya straight. Goodluck