New self defense bullet

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
As I said, the video I watched showed it penetrated quite well. In various materials. Not sure what kind of threat you are trying to stop but I'm not gonna label this bullet a gimmick.

Fat Tony

12 pointer
Oct 10, 2005
Anderson Twp & Goforth School
Scary as hell. I'd hate to actually see the results of it on a human.
Yep. That made me feel a little dirty watching it. ;)

I will be interested to see what happens to anyone who ventilates a bad guy in their home with one of these.

Could see an otherwise perfectly legal action looked at by prosecutors and plaintiff's attorneys a little more closely than it would with a "normal" HP round.

That thing screams, "not only do I want you dead, I want you chopped into tiny bits and fed to stray dogs." Could see it being viewed as exceeding the parameters of the Castle Doctrine.

Not for me...I don't like how shrapnel flies in all directions...even back out of the bad guy.

High Rack

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2009
in the hills
Yep. That made me feel a little dirty watching it. ;)

I will be interested to see what happens to anyone who ventilates a bad guy in their home with one of these.

Could see an otherwise perfectly legal action looked at by prosecutors and plaintiff's attorneys a little more closely than it would with a "normal" HP round.

That thing screams, "not only do I want you dead, I want you chopped into tiny bits and fed to stray dogs." Could see it being viewed as exceeding the parameters of the Castle Doctrine.

Not for me...I don't like how shrapnel flies in all directions...even back out of the bad guy.

How is it any different than shooting someone with 12ga 00buck........you wanna poke a hole, might as well be a big one if they are coming in your home. The Castle Doctrine will hold up just fine.

mwezell

12 pointer
Jan 22, 2006
Auburn, KY
Castle doctrine

How is it any different than shooting someone with 12ga 00buck........you wanna poke a hole, might as well be a big one if they are coming in your home. The Castle Doctrine will hold up just fine.

Maybe in the criminal case..maybe not, but how 'bout the civil trial?

Quickdraw Limpsalot

12 pointer
Sep 16, 2005
Larue Co.
As I said, the video I watched showed it penetrated quite well. In various materials. Not sure what kind of threat you are trying to stop but I'm not gonna label this bullet a gimmick.

I'd have to test it thoroughly myself to believe those videos hold water, and price of CNC machined projectiles will prevent my interest in that, I'm sure... Not to mention the potential civil lawsuits that others brought up. Any way you cut it, if I'm using a 9mm in a defensive situation (as in the video,) I want ALL the mass retained in one projectile for maximum penetration on an ALREADY limited round, according to half the folks on any gun forum. I don't give two hoots about the 6 or so little petals that penetrate a little ways in a neat-for-video array.

Besides, whether it still performs "enough" or not doesn't prevent it from qualifying as a gimmick.

[edit to add] I also expect to hear that at least half of the popular "pocket 9mm" guns on the market won't feed these reliably due to the nose. ...and what happens to that thin-walled petal array after smacking a nearly perpendicular feed ramp, even without firing it? It ain't gonna stay round, I can promise you that.

Last edited:

Fat Tony

12 pointer
Oct 10, 2005
Anderson Twp & Goforth School
It does. Doesn't mean some idiot prosecutor or plaintiff's attorney on retainer will not sniff around to see if the action was reasonable, etc. If they react on a human torso the same as that gelatin, its going to look like an alien burst out of their chest.

Latest posts