New NAVHDA chapter

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by JoeTal, Oct 6, 2019.

1. JoeTal

JoeTal 6 pointer

Apr 22, 2010
    Louisville
    Just a question.
    I’m a member of NAVHDA with my Versatile dog breed (Wirehaired Pointing Griffon)

We used to have a Kentuckiana Chapter that was based in Indiana. It has since disbanded and the closest chapters are Mid-Ohio and Appalachian Valley ( I believe that’s the closest off the top of my head)

A friend and I have been tossing the idea for some time to start a new Ky based chapter.

Just to get an idea would anyone with Versatile breed dogs be interested or anyone currently in NAVHDA be interested?

2. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    I like everything I have read and heard about Navhda. Been wanting to take a ride up to Appalachian Valley chapter to check them out. It’s about 3 hour drive though.

3. GentlemanHunter

GentlemanHunter Spike

Aug 10, 2017
    Fayette County
    I'm holding off on getting a versatile dog (probably a grif) until my family life is just a bit calmer, but I'd love to have a chapter to join when I do! Been listening to a bunch of Ron Boehm's podcasts to pick up what I can in the meantime.

4. bigredhunter

bigredhunter 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2012
    Boyle County
    I have a pudelpointer and would be interested. Always wanted to try NAVHDA, but no local options have allowed for it.

5. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I'd be interested, depends on how far it's gonna be. I'm in EKY.

6. JoeTal

JoeTal 6 pointer

Apr 22, 2010
    Louisville
    That’s great news.

I’m in Louisville and my friend is in Harrodsburg.

The goal would be centralized location. Ideally if we couple have a spot that the majority could get to within 2 hours.

I’ll keep things posted.

bondhu and bigredhunter like this.