New job

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I'm changing jobs again. Had an uneasy feeling about job security where I was working. I start with Escalade Sports on July 18. 100% remote. Same pay, better bonus, better benefits. Getting 3 weeks of vacay for the remainder of the year too! They also own Bear archery, so........

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Week one is in the books. Great group I'll be working with. Being a publicly traded company, the environment is a complete 180 from what I just came from. Everything is very strict and rigid. Procedures and red tape to the max for any program or data change. I understand, as I worked in banking for 5+ years. Just gonna be an adjustment. Their system is also different. Very cryptic naming conventions for programs/files/fields. Have to depend on a central File Reference table to get descriptions of field names to know OR001 = Order number, and OR120 = Order date. Will definitely make programming changes take longer, but will learn the primary fields and files pretty quickly. I did a simple program change Wednesday that goes in production Monday. A 10 minute change took 4 hours by the time I did all of the documentation, testing results, approvals, etc. It's going to be good though. Like I said, a great bunch of guys and girls.